What component is it that:

Two Questions guy's:

Question 1
    Your all familiar with the rooster tail / visibility spout stream that come out the rear on a yamaha. Which component is it that actually causes this pressure to spray out the spout, mines a 97 GP1200.
    Is it the pump or impeller or what??
    Not looking at making a gay spray as some of you guy's call it lol...
    Just looking at the what part may be faulty and requires replacing on my ski as the stream at WOT is only about 2 to 3 inches high. Once the I find the problem I will be blocking it off

There are no restrictions in the hose / spout or fitting that come out of the housing they are all hooked up and clear of obstructions

Question 2
    What component does the engine rely on to feed the water that enters the lower exhaust manifold hose coming from the rear hull.
    Is it Vacuum once you start the motor or pump or something else???
    Again still looking at what may be causing the outlet pipe Stinger to waterbox to split and melt on the waterbox end.
    Could it be possible that the component that may be faulty in question 1 little pressure at rooster tail, is related to this problem of splitting hoses????

Cheers Charlie..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Orssom View Post
    Two Questions guy's:

Question 1
    Your all familiar with the rooster tail / visibility spout stream that come out the rear on a yamaha. Which component is it that actually causes this pressure to spray out the spout, mines a 97 GP1200.
    Just looking at the what part may be faulty and requires replacing on my ski as the stream at WOT is only about 2 to 3 inches high. Once the I find the problem I will be blocking it off

It's simply water coming directly through the pump pushed by the prop. You have an opening in the exit nozzle that allows some of the thrust to shoot through the opening.

There are no restrictions in the hose / spout or fitting that come out of the housing they are all hooked up and clear of obstructions

Question 2
    What component does the engine rely on to feed the water that enters the lower exhaust manifold hose coming from the rear hull.
    Is it Vacuum once you start the motor or pump or something else???
    Again still looking at what may be causing the outlet pipe Stinger to waterbox to split and melt on the waterbox end.
    Could it be possible that the component that may be faulty in question 1 little pressure at rooster tail, is related to this problem of splitting hoses????

Cheers Charlie..

You have a single line coming to the engine from the pump that is high pressure from the pump that forces water up into the engine. If this is plugged....it will cause the overheating situation.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Orssom View Post
    Two Questions guy's:

Question 1

Cheers Charlie..
    My 97 had the same exact issue - no spray.
    You may want to look it over again, but a little closer this time.... I searched and looked and peeked and never seen a thing in mine.
    Finally found the little bitty pebble/rock caught it the fitting from inside the pump. Take the hose off from the nipple and take a peek or look down in side it, if you can stick a small screw driver, pen, etc in side to make sure its not clogged. Blow on the hose to the inside of the ski and make sure it's not clogged also.

As far as the gay spray - I kinda like it, nice for blasting my buddy in the face when he is riding to close !!!! L O L

[QUOTE=CDW78;1434568]My 97 had the same exact issue - no spray.
    You may want to look it over again, but a little closer this time.... I searched and looked and peeked and never seen a thing in mine.
    Finally found the little bitty pebble/rock caught it the fitting from inside the pump. Take the hose off from the nipple and take a peek or look down in side it, if you can stick a small screw driver, pen, etc in side to make sure its not clogged. Blow on the hose to the inside of the ski and make sure it's not clogged also.

Done all that this afternnon it was all clean. I then pulled every single hose off and individually clean them, including the Y-piece joiner that comes off the flusher hose that meets the high pressure hose from the pump.
    I already had the exhaust off so I connected the tap hose to Cyl No 1 Barb and watched as the water flowed out of all the 3 Exh jackets nicely, then connected the hose to the Barb located at No 3 Cyl and did the same thing.
    Put exhaust back on and connected the tap hose to the exhaust side cover barb where the hose from the rear pump feeds. Water flowed nicely from Barb at Cyl 1 and barb at Cyl 3, as well as the 2 hose barbs opposed on the bend connecting exhaust to the stinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    You have a single line coming to the engine from the pump that is high pressure from the pump that forces water up into the engine. If this is plugged....it will cause the overheating situation.
    After reading both replies I'm guessing more and more now, that is either the pump, or excessive impeller clearance causing both these problems.
    Whilst I was under the ski I did measure the impeller blade clearance and I got approx 22 Thou clearance is this excessive??? There is no cavitation problem with the ski.

Thread Information