Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1996 Polaris sl 750

hey guys !
    i just picked up another jetski it only has 60 h on it but it has been setting for about 10 years ! i put new gas and oil in it and a new battery and it started right up the t/trim does not look like its working but that not no big deal .the only thing i cant find is the key? does it have a key? .what should i do first ? clean/check/ext/? .i am a new jetski person ! lol .

i did have to put my Kawasaki900 safety key in it to start it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picpolaris95sl750aa.jpg 
Views:	2800 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	189373  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

+1
    95 SL750, be sure to read the tech section and K447's link, go through the fuel system.

carbs

i had the ski out this week end and it runs ok but! it does not take gas good you have to play with the throttle and then it will go ,i know the cards need to be redone i called one of the shop local and they told me $600 to $700.00 to rebuild them!!!!! is that right? lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny2270 View Post
    i had the ski out this week end and it runs ok but! it does not take gas good you have to play with the throttle and then it will go ,i know the cards need to be redone i called one of the shop local and they told me $600 to $700.00 to rebuild them!!!!! is that right? lol

way way to much!

you can do them your self or find a diffrent place to bring them..

i got mine done from a good shop for 300 thats with them figuring out the problem and reinstalling... not that installing carbs is hard.. but still didnt think it was a bad price to have a experinced hand redo thecarbs

but you need too look into the fuel lines as well.. and replace the fuel pump with a tripple out lit fuel pump.. click the link in my sig and read read read

Quote Originally Posted by ryandi2 View Post
    way way to much!

you can do them your self or find a diffrent place to bring them..

i got mine done from a good shop for 300 thats with them figuring out the problem and reinstalling... not that installing carbs is hard.. but still didnt think it was a bad price to have a experinced hand redo thecarbs

but you need too look into the fuel lines as well.. and replace the fuel pump with a tripple out lit fuel pump.. click the link in my sig and read read read
    Yeah you can rebuild carbs for about $ 150.00, be sure to replace needle and seats and check pop off pressure before reinstalling. I had never done mikuni carbs before either, but they werent that difficult. Be sure to go through entire fuel sys.
    good luck Brian

thx guys!!
    i am a mechanic {car} so i should be able to do it lol and i have been reading allot ! lol .this ski is still like new it only has 60 hours on it it has been setting a longgggg time in a garage with cover on it .i dont under stand the fuel system yet ! but i am getting there .

It really doesnt matter much about hours,or that it was stored under a cover. The problem is the fuel they left in it, & the rubber fuel lines rotting away from tank to motor. Thats why people emphasize the fuel sys.be inspected from fuel pickups to the fuel rail.& the 3 outlet mikuni pump.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny2270 View Post
    thx guys!!
    i am a mechanic {car} so i should be able to do it lol and i have been reading allot !.....i dont under stand the fuel system yet !
    Easy Peasy. The 750's were a little goofy the way Polaris routed the fuel but a triple outlet fuel pump upgrade kit from John Zigler solves it all.

Here's the general rundown for the fuel system:
    A nipple from the crank case provides vaccuum to the pulse diaphragm fuel pump.

The pump will have a nipple for pulse, one inlet for fuel, and the upgrade kit (an absolute must) will will have 3 outlet nipples to feed each carb.

The shutoff switch has 3 hose connections: one inlet from the tank, one inlet from the reserve, and one outlet to the fuel pump.

The tank will have 4 hose connections on the top: one outlet, one for the reserve (this is just a supply tube that sets deeper in the tank), one for the return, and one that goes to a check valve vent.

The carbs each have an inlet nipple and then return nipples that are interconnected with short pieces of tubing. The rear (PTO) carb has the final outlet nipple that is the return line to the tank. Inside this tube will be a restrictor (about 0.85mm diameter). With the condition of this ski, the restrictor is probably there. This piece is absolutely necessary to maintain sufficient backpressure in the fuel system.

KJ

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    This thread will help.

Post #7 is the carb manual.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15433

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information