+1

Almost done! (I think)

After dragging my feet on this project over the winter, I think I am about done with my ignition upgrade. I thank all that responded to my questions, as well as the posters of other threads I learned from.

I do have one rather embarrassing question though. I tore this thing apart so long ago I do not remember the hose routing on a 3 hose section connected by a T. A larger diameter hoses of the same size and a 3rd smaller one. I know the smaller one goes to a fitting in the rear of the black exhaust manifold, and the front hose of the T goes to a fitting on the red exhaust chamber (what it called?) I installed these hoses prior to putting the nozzle back on that has the plastic tube that runs through the hull below the steering cable. I had to stretch the hose to get it to go on where I have it (#1 in pic), and I now think it should probably go to the plastic through hull fitting. (#2)

If I am correct, what goes on where I currently have the hose? I have no left over hoses????

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

tapped out

i would suggest looking to see if the nipple even has an opening.its probably not even opened up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    i would suggest looking to see if the nipple even has an opening.its probably not even opened up
    So you are saying that I have the hose in the wrong place and it should go to #2???

Also, IT LIVES!!!! It fired up, first time in over a year it has run, once I get the definite answer on the hose, all thats left to do is clean her back up!!!!! I am psyched!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BiXLL View Post

#2 is the pressurized cooling water supply from the jet pump (that water tube that runs alongside the jet pump). It feeds into the engine and exhaust water manifolds (however those are supplied on your model).

That is where your T should connect, I think.

Remember, you can always check the official Polaris Industries Parts diagrams

#1 is a cooling water exit at the exhaust through-hull exit fitting. If it is used, it takes used cooling water from a (usually secondary) cooling water exit point, and dumps it out of the hull at the exhaust fitting.

On fuel injected models, that exit fitting is used for the cooling water that runs through the EMM and water cooled stator cover.

+1
    I have not switched the hose yet, but I am thinking that where I have it is not even open as mentioned above. Thanks again!

Thread Information