Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

PWC insurance coverage

Just now getting into the sport, I was wondering if some one could give me some info on jet ski insurance....
    Such as, typical coverages, cost, things of that nature ? I know it will vary by each person, but maybe there is some what an average. ( 2 gp 1200's is what I want to cover )
    Is it better to use the same as your car or find another co. to cover these?

I am waiting on my some info from my agent, but wanted to see what experiences / advise any could give. StateFarm is my co, any one else using them for pwc's?

PLEASE tell me it will cover engines too!

+1
    I'm using Foremost which ran me 288 for the entire year for full coverage. I don't have my exact coverage amounts but I want to say I had like 25k for personal injury and 50k for property damage.

Dallas, Texas area, 43 year old male, '08 Yamaha SHO, no tickets or such. State Farm
    about $400 year with $100k property, $2k medical per person (I need to raise that)

+1
    Liability is, by far, the cheapest and most important type of insurance you can get. Buy high limits and consider an umbrella.

I have 3 older 'Skis and an older Yamaha boat on the same policy, $300,000 liability and a total of $12,000 hull value runs $506/year. I have a $1M umbrella above that.

Make sure the policy covers you for the entire year. Also, make sure it covers you for offshore use if you go in the ocean. Trailer coverage is extra on some policies.

+1

insurance

yes price varies by your age ,state and now i understand your driving record, a couple a hundred dollars sounds right. But if you ride regulary not just holidays, then INSURANCE IS A MUST!I've read on forums where guys say its a waste of money,well there's an old insurance slogan:

" wow insurance is expensive!...until you need it, then it ain't so expensive"

I'm paying about $265 each per year for 2 new skis. An FZS and a VX Cruiser. Strange to me but they were both the same price- and I asked like 5 times...go figure, the insurance guy is marking one up or down to make accounting easier I guess. doesn't matter much to me as the coverage is good and it's State Farm btw...

+1
    http://www.skisafe.com/ anyone heard of them / use them?
    They gave me a quote for full coverage ( not sure of the details ) for around $ 186 yr.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW78 View Post
    They gave me a quote for full coverage ( not sure of the details ) for around $ 186 yr.
    Details make all the difference!

As I said before, make sure you have enough liability coverage. If you were to get into an accident and some kid got badly hurt, paralyzed, or killed, it's gonna cost you a LOT of money. If you don't have a lot of money, and you don't have money, you could be paying for the rest of your life.

ive never had insurance but i guess its worth it huh?

+1

pwc insurance

i just purchased a 09 ymaha fzr a month ago i purchased insurance from gieco with 100/300 coverage for 285.00 per year i live in tampa fl where there are alot of inexperinced squids here who have no clue about water and watercraft saftey so covering you behind is pretty affordable compared to other forms of motorsprts so check around and get differnt qoutes to get the best deal ps my wife works for allstate so it helps to have some knowlege when making this decision

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information