Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Can someone tell me whats maybe wrong?

    My problem: turns up to 7250 rpm, around 10 psi (by the gauge) and the SC makes a high pitch whine and it falls over on it's nose. Stop and it runs fine back up to 7250.

    What I did: I took the I/C out to clean it out. I did the mod to the BOV. And put it all back in.

    What I have done: I took it all back out, made sure the ends of the I/C were sealed, the hoses were tight, turned the BOV back to where it was. Took it back to the lake same problem as above. What have I screwed up.


  2. #2
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    mod to BOV? turned it back to where it was? you need to explain this more

  3. #3
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidT View Post
    My problem: turns up to 7250 rpm, around 10 psi (by the gauge) and the SC makes a high pitch whine and it falls over on it's nose. Stop and it runs fine back up to 7250.

    What I did: I took the I/C out to clean it out. I did the mod to the BOV. And put it all back in.

    What I have done: I took it all back out, made sure the ends of the I/C were sealed, the hoses were tight, turned the BOV back to where it was. Took it back to the lake same problem as above. What have I screwed up.
    option 1........b b b b b b belt is loose
    OPTION 2.........BOV adjuystment is now up the @#&*

    so block BOV as Corey said it a must do anyways
    then report back with results'

    Waz

  4. #4
    JET250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia mate fair dinkum.
    Posts
    1,278
    +1
    2
    or worse the sc is making a noise for a reason, pull it out won't take long, pull the covers off and check the rotors. him might be ready to go bang bang.....the fact it falls over on its nose sounds bad.

  5. #5
    http://www.teammotoracing.com/?cat=29
    that would explain it better than i can.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    so block BOV as Corey said it a must do anyways
    then report back with results'
    Waz

    Blocking it off completely won't cause any advese effects to the SC?

  7. #7
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    hell no i'd like to know what you actually done to it

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidT View Post
    Waz

    Blocking it off completely won't cause any advese effects to the SC?

  8. #8
    Follow the link two posts above yours. that'd be what i did.

  9. #9
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    got it are you saying it loses boost and rpm once it hits 7250rpm? if so = boost leak. check all clamps.

  10. #10
    ok, thanks I'll check'um again. And yes that's exactly what it feels and sounds like it does. But I don't know, this is the first S/C'd motor I have ever owned I shouldn't have messed with it, it WAS running fine. On another note what's the grate and ride plate mod you have listed in your sig.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. can someone tell me what ski these carbs are from?
    By lxman88 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 05:41 PM
  2. can someone tell me what i raced today?
    By pokechop2006 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 08:49 AM
  3. can someone tell me what jets sizes are used in a 03 gp800r
    By 98gsxl951 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 09:30 AM
  4. Code 19, can someone tell me what it is, at lake..
    By Chrisrokc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 05:24 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 05:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •