Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

94 SLT 750 Project

After going through 2 OEM flame arrestor covers, I've had enough. It seems to me to be a bad design. I have heard of many different alternatives to the stock arrestor, but I don't know which one to get. Any one have a good suggestion to the best option? Also will any certain air filter give me better performance? Also I am wondering if anyone knows a good place to buy a connection board for the CDI box or if I'm better off just buying a new box. I got a little ambitious on my rebuild of my 94 slt 750 and decided along with the engine, carb, and jetpump rebuild, that I would sand it all the way down and repaint. I hope to have pictures of my progress up soon! Thanks in advance for the help!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

The 780 FA would work well, or a set of Ocean Pro Vortex.

Both are about equal, and they are much better flowing than the 750.

Are you looking for the elec terminal board located inside the elec box? I have one of those for $5 plus shipping.

Pics

Ok, don't judge me, lol. Just postin what I'm up against. The damage was from previous owner, I'm just trying to make it right.

As you can see i my carbs are rusty, pistons were in bad shape, i had to get a new crankshaft since the wear was pretty bad in the rod bearings, that seal looked like that straight out of the jetpump! Oh, and I'm getting a lot sanded on the hull....just a little more time and money and she'll be good as new!

Terminal Board

Thanks xlint89, and I'll definately take that terminal board.

+1
    We're not here to judge. We're here to help guys get and keep their Polaris' running.

You'll want to completely rebuild those carbs, as well as the rest of the fuel system.

Make up a list of parts you need, and I'll see what else I have for you if you want.

Rebuild

I had just planned on buying some more carbs. Some of the screws on the inside are rusted solid. Wouldnt that be considered beyond rebuilding?

As far as the fuel system goes, I have all new hose to run, I'll probably need to either get a new selector switch or rebuild the one I have. Oh, by the way the one I have will NOT come off. That screw just won't come outta there.

I plan on doing away with the fuel seperator and the autocock, and I bought a new mikuni 3 outlet fuel pump. If you see anything I missed, let me know. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahN View Post
    I had just planned on buying some more carbs. Some of the screws on the inside are rusted solid. Wouldnt that be considered beyond rebuilding?

As far as the fuel system goes, I have all new hose to run, I'll probably need to either get a new selector switch or rebuild the one I have. Oh, by the way the one I have will NOT come off. That screw just won't come outta there.

I plan on doing away with the fuel seperator and the autocock, and I bought a new mikuni 3 outlet fuel pump. If you see anything I missed, let me know. Thanks
    If you're going with new carbs, get a set from a 780 and jet them to your 750 specs. Although you'll want the intake manifold and throttle cable to go with them.

Your rusted screws can be replaced if you rebuild the carbs you have.

Keep the water seperator, and ditch the autocock.

Drill the screw head off the petcock, then remove the remaining with a pair of vice grips. You can always buy a new screw.

Make sure to get the Mikuni triple outlet fuel pump. It runs around $26. You can get them from John Zigler along with anything else you may need.

Got a little drill happy....

Do you know anyone getting rid of any 780 carbs? Also, I drilled the screw head off, and just my luck there was nothing remaining sticking out to grab with vice grips...guess I need a new petcock now too. I ordered reeds for the 750 carbs. These should fit the 780's right?

+1
    I've got a set of nice 780 carbs for sale. (don't have the intake or throttle cable though)

Can you use an "easy out" to extract the screw. Otherwise a new petcock isn't that expensive though.

650/750/780 reeds are all the same.

how much are you asking for them?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information