+1

Polaris Viva La Mexico

They are expanding their quading segment and a new plant will be opened in Mexico. I'm not sure what they are producing or making but Mexico...can it be?? Have they now shown us the WAY OUT of Made in the USA?? Grrrr

On Friday, May 21, 2010 at 10:00 AM (CT) Polaris Industries Inc. will host a conference call and webcast to discuss Polaris’ manufacturing realignment. The call will be hosted by Scott Wine, CEO. A link to the audio webcast will be posted on the Investor Relations page of the Polaris web site at www.polarisindustries.com/irhome. To listen to the conference call by phone, dial 800-374-6475 in the U.S. and Canada, or 973-200-3967 Internationally. The Conference ID is #75828289.

A replay of the conference call will be available approximately two hours after the call for a one- week period by accessing the same link on our website, or by dialing 800-642-1687 in the U.S. and Canada, or 706-645-9291 Internationally.
    http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....&p=irol-irhome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polaris.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	189440  

I can't really say I'm the least bit surprised. In fact, I'm more surprised that they still had all manufacturing in the US up to this point.

+1
    It just kills me.
    I think Bombardier will start getting my cash, their new SXS is supposed to be pretty trick.
    The quality of the Bombardier lines are pretty nice, I hope the stuff is made in Canada but I just don't know.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Why are all the Mexicans coming to the U.S.?

All the jobs are going THEM!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    It just kills me.
    I think Bombardier will start getting my cash, their new SXS is supposed to be pretty trick.
    The quality of the Bombardier lines are pretty nice, I hope the stuff is made in Canada but I just don't know.
    Al,
    The Can-Am ATV's are made in MEXICO!!!!! They have been since 2007 or 2008 so either way your are not going to win......hey maybe we as Americans can go there and get a job? Now wouldn't that be something! If the americans took over some mexicans job right on the turf!!!!!

Sad to see polaris go down this road but really it is the American government that we all should be mad at!!!! They should give them a break for having production here in the USA!!!!!

+1
    DOHHHhhhhhh
    It looks like I'll have to give up and just stay with my Made in the USA ski boat...My Ski Centurion is made right here in Modesto Ca., Now where are the parts manufactured??

+1
    Polaris Industries is planning to phase out its U.S. engine assembly plant within the next two years and build a new facility in Mexico that will focus on off-road vehicle production.

In a press release the company said the move, which affects about 500 jobs in Osceola, Wis., will improve the firm's "on-time delivery to customers and provide significant savings in logistical and production costs."

In a conference call Friday morning the company said it's looking to build a plant in the Monterrey/Saltillo area of Mexico, which will result in the eventual sale, or closure, of its Wisconsin engine plant. Polaris CEO Scott Wine indicated the new plant in Mexico will focus on off-road products (ATVs and side-by-sides), ultimately including engine assembly. Polaris expects the new plant to be running by the first half of 2011 and for the realignment of its U.S. facilities to be completed by 2012.

The ultimate plan appears to be creating three "manufacturing centers of excellence."

To that end, Wine said the firm intends to "enhance" its Roseau, Minn. and Spirit Lake, Iowa, facilities. Without giving many details he indicated that Roseau will continue to focus on snowmobile production, with snowmobile engine assembly moving there, while motorcycle engine assembly would move to Spirit Lake, where Victory motorcycles are made.

Wine and Polaris also indicated that painting and welding work would move closer to the final assembly points. So that would bring additional work to Roseau and Spirit Lake. The intent, he says, is to create three manufacturing centers so the company is not dependent on any one.

Likewise Polaris says it will outsource some non-strategic component manufacturing, including selling some equipment to suppliers who will continue to make parts for Polaris. Some of that may take place in the current Wisconsin plant, the release said, but the amount of jobs that will affect isn't certain.

Wine said Polaris is making the move to Mexico to better serve new and anticipated customers in Central and South America. He says the move there puts its ATV manufacturing closer to those markets and the majority of its U.S. sales, which are in southern states. Being in Mexico will improve Polaris speed to market, plus improve the firm's costs and quality.

He also said other off-road powersports competitors have already moved to lower-cost locations to make their equipment and this restructuring will make Polaris more competitive as it works toward its goal of $3 billion in sales by 2014. Polaris had sales of $1.6 billion in 2009 and products from its off-road division made up about two-thirds of those sales.

Polaris expects the restructuring to save it $30 million annually when complete, while the transition costs over the next two years will be $20-25 million. Capital expenditures could be as much as $35 million to build and equip the new facility in Mexico and retrofit the Roseau and Spirit Lake facilities.
    -By Mark Savage

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTXC View Post
    will improve the firm's "on-time delivery to customers and provide significant savings in logistical and production costs."

Being in Mexico will improve Polaris speed to market, plus improve the firm's costs and quality.
    Cheaper, faster, and better are 3 words that can almost never be used in the same sentence.

Normally you pick any 2 of the 3.

+1
    I heard Harley's moving from Mil. also but atleast there staying in the US.

Thread Information