+1

For those who DON'T PREMIX

95 Raider 1100 oil line came off....locked up the engine. The previous owner put line back on and sold the ski to a very popular Indiana DJ "X103" .... He meets me first day he has it and I could tell something was wrong. He payed me to take apart and this is what I found
    =0(

Guys...premix your stuff.....trust me...it aint' worth it. I'm assuming the piston parts went out the exhaust....ultra light mark on head... cylinders took some beating...pin and bearing got warm....and no sign of the other parts of the piston!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Busted.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	189462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Busted2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	189463  

Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    95 Raider 1100 oil line came off....locked up the engine. The previous owner put line back on and sold the ski to a very popular Indiana DJ "X103" .... He meets me first day he has it and I could tell something was wrong. He payed me to take apart and this is what I found
    =0(

Guys...premix your stuff.....trust me...it aint' worth it. I'm assuming the piston parts went out the exhaust....ultra light mark on head... cylinders took some beating...pin and bearing got warm....and no sign of the other parts of the piston!

Looks like normal wear. Looks like there good for another 100 hours.

Too bad someone ran it to that point. I am sorry I think a little kid would get off it and say there is something wrong. OUCH! Hows the rod look? and pieces in the cases? Time to go fishing and play find all the pieces to the puzzle.

+1
    They did....they put the line back on and sold it to this guy who owns the ski now =9(

There is no parts anywhere yet that I've found....I've looked everywhere ...but, I'm going to fill the cases full of gas and flip upside down to make sure I can try to get if any shavings left. I see oil in the bottom and it's clean...my guess is it's all already went out the exhuast port. Even the head has only 1 nick that's about the size of a ball point pin.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

I think the real problem here

are people that buy boats, cars trucks...just about anything with a motor without spending a couple of extra bucks to have it checked out first.

Heck a friend of mine bought a house in texaslast year without getting it inspected..well he lucked out..when they went to clear up a problem with the well ( water had an odd taste to it), they struck a 100 barrel a day pocket of oil..he's still milking it..and it's still putting out 100 a day...his wife ain't too pleased having a rig in thier back yard, but with two others in the immediate area, they shouldn't have been THAT surprised.

I'll admit I bought a 91 ford pickup without checking the negine compression, but from the looks of what I saw when I inspected it, it was well maintained, and the mileage checked out on carfax..so I went for it.

Couple of tries to get an anti-lock brake problem fixed ( sub-1 generation)..and it's as good as it gets.

I see this every couple of weeks//

him-"hey..bought this GTX on craigs list..great deal"

me-Uh...yanno the s/c washers might need replacement, did you ask the guy about maintenance? this ski has over 200 hours on it!

him-uhhh..no he said he didn't even have to change the oil, it ran that good!

$1100 later.....

folks that pass off bad skis have a very special place in the afterlife..and it's not a good seat..kind of obstructed view next to the overflowing bathroom and 6 screaming babies with colic

Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    They did....they put the line back on and sold it to this guy who owns the ski now =9(

There is no parts anywhere yet that I've found....I've looked everywhere ...but, I'm going to fill the cases full of gas and flip upside down to make sure I can try to get if any shavings left. I see oil in the bottom and it's clean...my guess is it's all already went out the exhuast port. Even the head has only 1 nick that's about the size of a ball point pin.
    Split those cases for extra insurance. You never know some of those shavings could have got into those seals or bearings. sometimes they get stuck and the best way is to do a complete visual.

+1
    The Owner just want's to run with this and not pay me the extra time to do that....it's been ran since that so any damage is going to already be there. I'm just going to "flush" it since it involves no extra time on my behalf....in an attempt to make sure it's free and clear. It's been run since blow up already....so ....

+1
    Yeah, I've been feeling uneasy about still using the oil injection for both of my skis. To use premix, I'm assuming that I remove the oil pump and buy a "block off plate", right?

Or you can make a block off plate and gasket, it`s easy to do. 40:1 premix is good.

Thread Information