Thread: msx 110

msx 110

i am looking to buy a 2004 msx 110 and just want to know the pros and cons

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

thanks for the info! are they good skis i can get one and a trailer for about 3800 it has 115 hours on it . is that to much to high ? got go look at it ton thanks for the help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by garner View Post
    thanks for the info! are they good skis i can get one and a trailer for about 3800 it has 115 hours on it . is that to much to high ? got go look at it ton thanks for the help
    Are the Weber engine models of the MSX good skis?
    Depends on how you look at it.

The MSX hull is one of the better designs Polaris made. It rides very nicely, even in rough water. It looks good, even compared to current models.

The turbo-charged Weber engine provides excellent fuel economy, and can be upgraded to provide much more power.

However, they do have some known reliability issues, most of which can be managed with good maintenance. There are a number of upgraded parts available to improve reliability.

When problems happen, the Weber engine can be a pain to work on. If you are going to do the work yourself, then it is just your time.

Professional repair shop repairs tend to be expensive for the Weber engine.

You must read up on the things to look for regarding the Weber engine, and check everything. Spend some time in the MSX/Matrix forum on here.

Partial list;
    Check cylinder compression, waste gate lever motion, evidence of oil in the intake (often a result of over-filling the oil level, or rolling the ski over in the water).

Assume you need to change the seals and bearings in the drive shaft through-hull bearing carrier. The parts are not expensive, but it requires a special tool and some time to do.

ok thanks for the info would you buy it just to keep a year then may buy new one just get by with or just keep looking wife mad at me and want her own!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by garner View Post
    ...would you buy it just to keep a year then may buy new one just get by with or just keep looking wife mad at me and want her own!
    I really couldn't tell you what to do.

There are a lot of used PWC choices available in the marketplace. The Weber engined MSX can be a good ski, but it can also be a lot of trouble.

You really need to be able to evaluate the particular example you are looking at (true for any used PWC, of course), and decide for yourself.

I would not buy it if my plan was to sell it a year later. Either buy it to keep it, or buy something else.

If you can afford a new or near new PWC, then that is a different discussion.

A six year old PWC is not new anymore, and the internal condition of the engine becomes very important.

The base models of new PWC are now very good, from all the major brands. Price will of course be higher, but you get a warranty and dealer support, which is not the case with older used PWC.

i just ment we ride it for a year and maybe we can get new one next year if we see that where going to us them. going to look at it and ride it today i let yall know how it trun out!

how do you cheak the oil in the intake?

Thread Information