Thread: NC pwc Title

NC pwc Title

can anyone please help me, I purchased a pwc from a family member and dont have a title, the title was lost but my registration says it is a titled pwc, in nc i have to register my pwc but without the title i cant get the tag, anyone help me with getting a lost title

thanks

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    the original owner needs to apply for a replacement title...then you can register it in your name after they get the replacement title and sign it over to you.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I was in the same situation, you can get all the paperwork together and get the original owner to sign it, bring it back to the parks and wildlife office, and once you get that paper work turned in, he is also allowing you to renew the tags, I paid a total of 52 dollars, total.
    some for the lost title application and the other for the tags.

the original owner will then recieve the new title within 4 weeks, then you have to go ahead and transfer it to your name.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Need more info, what state are you trying to title it in? I love all the semi correct advise you can get on here. All states are different. The way Texas does it is different than NC. The way SC does it is different than NC. In most states a notarized bill of sale is just as good as a title.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I went back and read your poorly worded first post. You are trying to register it in NC. What state is it titled in? You can get an NC title with a notarized bill of sale and a letter (if it is not titled in NC) of no lien from the state it is titled in. If it is titled in NC you don't need the letter.

You have to keep in mind a title is only a state issued document meant to show ownership. NC considers a bill of sale to be just as legal as a state issued title. Bought a Jeep one time, lady had lost the title. Took bill of sale to DMV and they were still showing a lien. Called Carmax who was the lien holder and they stated the lien was satisfied and sent me a letter stating that. Took letter and notarized bill of sale back to DMV and got a new title for the vehicle. It is more leg work this way but it is sometimes better than relying on someone else to smooth out the paperwork when they have no motivation to do so, like a seller that has already received the money.

If it was SC it is easiest to go to Columbia with a notarized bill of sale and do a title transfer. They will give you a new title on the spot in your name as out of state people can register boats in that state.

Thread Information