Limit number of hours - RXP

Hi, Does anyone can tell me How many hours can I expect from my 05 RXP, is there a limit number of hours, in witch the engine starts to fail?

thanks,
    Pedro

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    this past year in appx 65,000 4-tec motors sold, the failure rate was LESS than 1%... thsi number doesn't not include motors failed induced by a ceramic clutch failure which obviously increases that failure rate, but in a separate cateogry with preliminary failure.

In short, so long as u keep the ceramic washers out of the motor and the ski is in stock form, the 4-tecs are damn near bulletproof... like anything modifications change that.

at the bare minimum, get metal supercharger washers from Green Hulk's online store at www.4tecperformance.com and thsi will ensure that your motor never fails due to oil failure caused by ceramic debris.

there's ARE 4-tec motors with thousands of hours on them, and we have board members here with 300-400 hours on their machines (some stock, and some modified)

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    this past year in appx 65,000 4-tec motors sold, the failure rate was LESS than 1%... thsi number doesn't not include motors failed induced by a ceramic clutch failure which obviously increases that failure rate, but in a separate cateogry with preliminary failure.

In short, so long as u keep the ceramic washers out of the motor and the ski is in stock form, the 4-tecs are damn near bulletproof... like anything modifications change that.

at the bare minimum, get metal supercharger washers from Green Hulk's online store at www.4tecperformance.com and thsi will ensure that your motor never fails due to oil failure caused by ceramic debris.

there's ARE 4-tec motors with thousands of hours on them, and we have board members here with 300-400 hours on their machines (some stock, and some modified)
    im planing on putting a stage one on my 06 RXP and a vortech sc impeller do you think these little mods will affect the reliability of the ski ?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP
    im planing on putting a stage one on my 06 RXP and a vortech sc impeller do you think these little mods will affect the reliability of the ski ?
    in my opinion, no a stage 1 kit will not affect the reliability of the machine at all... just make sure you get them metal washers!!

stage 1, vortech impeller, metal washers... instant gain, noticeable difference in acceleration with a couple mph on top, and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    in my opinion, no a stage 1 kit will not affect the reliability of the machine at all... just make sure you get them metal washers!!

stage 1, vortech impeller, metal washers... instant gain, noticeable difference in acceleration with a couple mph on top, and reliable.
    The metal washers were the first thing i put on, there allready in there thanks for the help shibby.

Dont know how much this will help but my modded 05 is just under 100hrs and have had no engine problems, period.

Jay

+1
    I have the stage 1 set up on my 04 rxp with 180 hrs and still running strong.And my wifes 04 rxp has 137 hrs and its running great.Both have the 06 clutch and metal washers and no problems with that thanks to jerry for the rebuild,he can rebuild that sc clutch with his eyes closes.

Thread Information