Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    When in doubt, throttle out. 08SeadooRXP's Avatar

Top storage compartment doesn't stay closed...

I have had my RXP for 2 years now and it has been a problem ever since I got it. I don't ride on a calm lake, and for some reason once I hit a couple waves the top storage compartment comes unlatched. I close it, and 3 seconds later it's back to flopping up and down. Anyone know what the problem might be and how to fix it?

I'm talking about the red compartment hood that has "SeaDoo" and "RXP" on it.

canadian iceman
    +1
    adjust post out a bit...super easy

Had same problem especially in jumping big surf.Mine tore off all together the other day and had to buy a new one.

I have adjusted the screw/post but it ends up getting messed up again. I'm thinking about getting a new lid or just taping it down. I can't use the storage anyways because things will just fly out.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

main cover problems

if you are taking about the little storage cover..can't help there..on the big storage cover you need to put some more tension on the spring( the stainless steel hairpin gizmo) inside the latch assembly..and also check the post to be sure you are actually engaging the slot on the post and not on the ramped part when the lid is closed.

My top cover did the same thing. I adjusted the post out some more and it stopped it, except on the biggest waves it will still sometimes pop out.

I am talking about the little one. Thanks anyways

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 08SeadooRXP View Post
    I had the same problem on my 08 PX. Adjusting the post did not fully fix it for mine either. What I did do is take some duct tape and make a small wad and put it behind the latch side on the cover which makes the plastic latch "reach farther down" towards the post. Mine has not come loose since! I hope this explanation makes sense!

Ed

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 08SeadooRXP View Post
    You can drill a hole through the hood and bolt down. I did my permanent, since I had already run my cold air intake underneath that hood. Used some rubber molding and actually left about an 1" of space for cool air to enter from the rear of the hood. No more problems with that hood, and that little bit of storage space is worthless anyways

Quote Originally Posted by 12timeworldchamps View Post
    I had the same problem on my 08 PX. Adjusting the post did not fully fix it for mine either. What I did do is take some duct tape and make a small wad and put it behind the latch side on the cover which makes the plastic latch "reach farther down" towards the post. Mine has not come loose since! I hope this explanation makes sense!

Ed
    I will be trying that. If that doesn't work, I'll tape it down with a little piece of electrical tape from the hood to one of the "hoses" on the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    You can drill a hole through the hood and bolt down. I did my permanent, since I had already run my cold air intake underneath that hood. Used some rubber molding and actually left about an 1" of space for cool air to enter from the rear of the hood. No more problems with that hood, and that little bit of storage space is worthless anyways
    I don't want to go to that extreme, haha. And I like to keep my ropes in there so that I don't have to reach all the way down into the big storage compartment which usually has my clothes in it to get the ropes out. By the way, mine is only the 155, sadly.

I'm looking to add a 3rd jet ski to the crew, either 07/08 RXP 215... I would go 05-06 but I just can't get away from the red/white color scheme.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information