Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

new 2 forum , polaris guy now

i own a 97 sltx 1050 , bone stock , 90 hrs when i bought it , 104 hrs on it now , top speed is 49 miles per hour according 2 tha insturments at 6100 rpms , an i weigh 310 lbs , i got 140 compresion on all 3 cly . motor hasnt been torn down yet . an still is very strong ,

wanna know how to winterize , an wanna just get 2 know people here

whew ! no takeing out spark plugs or impellor lubeing ?

Welcome to GreenHulk.net i think you will like it alot here with alot of polaris junkies just like you and me! yea it sucks im just about to fix my ski and the seasons already over...lol

+1
    WELCOME to the boards 1050!!! I love your ride, I have a triple piped SLTX than runs just a scooch under 70. I have pictures at my gallery in the link below. Again, good to see another Polaris Junkie aboard.

holy **** wat kinda mods did you do to go that fast , im going on a diet so i can be a lil faster , would 2 gallons of water ? in tha hull be sepage or just normal leaks , i mean its got 140 compresion an goes damn near 50

how fast would valve reeves ,an k&n filters ( 300) right there , a nice impellor .............. ? i dont wanna doing anything that might lean it out an blow it up , even tho i scooped a top end kit for cheap (123$) shipped an there wsm pistons , an got a used oil injection pump for 10 $ ,

wanna get a whole new motor an steering cable so i wont ever run out of parts

oh ya an when i saw tha made in america , i was at love at first sight ,

i got it for 1775 , an tha low end for this is 1900 an that not with tha trailor an cover ,

i really want one of tha 2004 models , polaris made me wanna trade in my zuzu for a polaris quad but good ness they want an arm an an a leg are tha quads made in america 2 ?

+1
    Welcome 97.
    Your SLTX should be going around 56mph right out of the box.

+1
    Welcome to the Forum

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97sltx1050
    holy **** wat kinda mods did you do to go that fast , im going on a diet so i can be a lil faster , would 2 gallons of water ? in tha hull be sepage or just normal leaks , i mean its got 140 compresion an goes damn near 50

how fast would valve reeves ,an k&n filters ( 300) right there , a nice impellor .............. ? i dont wanna doing anything that might lean it out an blow it up , even tho i scooped a top end kit for cheap (123$) shipped an there wsm pistons , an got a used oil injection pump for 10 $ ,

wanna get a whole new motor an steering cable so i wont ever run out of parts
    The first thing I would work on is getting the water out of the hull. While it's on the trailer fill the hull with roughly 2 inches of water (keep the water from touching the electrical box) and check for visible leaks at the outside of the hull. Pay close attention to the thru-hull fitting, intake grate and pump area. The speedo pick-ups have also been known to leak. My hull is virtually dry when I get back from a ride.

Also is you bilge pump working??

On a stock boat I remember it turning about 6250 RPM's so you might want to check the condition of the impeller pump assembly.

My brother is 320 and used to run my SLTX at 53-54 on the speedo, so I'm thinking your slight loss of speed is in relationship to your slight RPM loss.

Check it out and let us know what you find!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information