Thread: 07 rxp

07 rxp

pulled of supercharger and one of seamic washer was totaly missing do i need to clean both oil pumps or just one what do you recomend and is it easyest to pull moter to do this. this is of a 07 boat.

+1
    Do ya feel lucky??? I just did a motor for a friend that lost both - both pumps were scored - you need to yank the motor and clean out everything - if your going to keep it. It's not that bad - just time and some parts. Get the new supercharge rebuild kit with the metal washers. If the pumps aren't too bad - you can let them be. Good luck -

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoolover View Post
    pulled of supercharger and one of seamic washer was totaly missing do i need to clean both oil pumps or just one what do you recomend and is it easyest to pull moter to do this. this is of a 07 boat.
    I recommend pulling the motor and splitting the cases. This does not require removing the head. Many pieces will hide in the lower case and can later jamb up the timing chain and cause severe damage. This is of course my opinion. The oil pump screens will protect the oil pumps from major debris but the rest of the rotating mass is wide open.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoolover View Post
    You might get lucky like I did? I removed the suction oil pump on the front of the motor and found the missing ceramic washer bits and three pieces of a busted spring washer in the strainer... that was 150 hours ago... maybe I'm just lucky, but I did replace the suction oil pump components.... they were pretty chewed up.

Before I did any work, I fired up my RXP on the trailer and shut it off while holding it at 4000 RPM for 10 seconds ( in order to draw all of the broken pieces to the front oil pump strainer )... I then, sucked out the oil, and removed the front oil pump to get the pieces out... it worked for me.

Good Luck.

what pain the ass this sister in laws ski gues have to pull moter thanks for replys and does it hit oil filter before any thing else.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post

Before I did any work, I fired up my RXP on the trailer and shut it off while holding it at 4000 RPM for 10 seconds ( in order to draw all of the broken pieces to the front oil pump strainer )... I then, sucked out the oil, and removed the front oil pump to get the pieces out... it worked for me.

Good Luck.
    This is what I found in the suction oil pump strainer ...

Thread Information