Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help with Macs Pumpwedge

I recently purchased the pump wedge and i am impressed with the performance. Only one problem i cannot get the steering even remotley straight as it pulls hard right. Ive done everything with the stock heimjoint, adjusted, readjusted, and adjusted again on both ends and still no luck. Please advise me as i am clueless!

Thx guys

Smile pump wedge ajustment

You have to adjust both sides of the steering heim

One up by the bars and one by the nozzle

By the way, what was your increase of mile per hour and how was your handling with it? any improvement?

It says in the instructions to have at least 10 turns on the heims, I only could get 6 or 7 on each side.

Rich

im not for sure roughly 2 mph and it felt like a whole shot increase as well. but this is useless unless you can get the right amount of turns on the ballheim and you cant. so i need to get the seadoo ballheim joint in order to have a straight ride. wish i would have had the option to have it sent with the wedge when i bought it now i have to give up another riding weekend till it gets here. BTW 6 to 7 turns is kinda dangerous you need ten hope it dont come offf as you will lose steering and crash. good luck

What seadoo did you order the heim from!!! What model was it and do you have a part # !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onefastmo View Post
    What seadoo did you order the heim from!!! What model was it and do you have a part # !!!!
    Th

The part is from a 96 seadoo XP I will search for the part number for you.

Quote Originally Posted by onefastmo View Post

The part is a rear steering heim from a 96 SeaDoo XP, the part number is 277000153. It costs about $30.00 new from my searches. I just welded 2 stainless steel M6X8 nuts to the stock heim joint and it gave me plenty of room to play with for adjustment.

Thanks for the part # It's on order!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    The part is a rear steering heim from a 96 SeaDoo XP, the part number is 277000153. It costs about $30.00 new from my searches. I just welded 2 stainless steel M6X8 nuts to the stock heim joint and it gave me plenty of room to play with for adjustment.
    Yea thanks. I have the same thing going on with mine. Will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by m. cole View Post
    Yea thanks. I have the same thing going on with mine. Will give it a try.

You are very welcome, I don't understand why so many people on the forums feel the need to keep things a secret or speak of things they have done but can never elaborate on how it was done. We are all here to help one another.

+1

a side question on topic

If you install a pumpwedge do you also have to install anything to the end of the drive shaft to allow for the increased length of the drive train ???

Does the standard set-up have anything like the seadoo a rubber bummper between the prop and end of drive shaft ??

Thanks

Xdrian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information