another cavitation thread rxpx

i didnt really find what i was looking for,

my ski. rxpx will blow the prop completely out(bang the limiter twice) on takeoff, mods are in sig, i thought it might be because of the smaller nozzle so i put the stock one back on and it still does it... might even be wores with the big nozzle... could my grate cause this? it has 10 hours now and i really doubt my wear ring is shot, i looked at it but didnt remove it and it looks fine.

wtf man???? my buddys ski will shoot completely out of the water and try to throw you off... he has a different grate... could that be the difference??? this thing takes off like a rxp not an X

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jake2582 View Post
    i didnt really find what i was looking for,

my ski. rxpx will blow the prop completely out(bang the limiter twice) on takeoff, mods are in sig, i thought it might be because of the smaller nozzle so i put the stock one back on and it still does it... might even be wores with the big nozzle... could my grate cause this? it has 10 hours now and i really doubt my wear ring is shot, i looked at it but didnt remove it and it looks fine.

wtf man???? my buddys ski will shoot completely out of the water and try to throw you off... he has a different grate... could that be the difference??? this thing takes off like a rxp not an X
    You can blow your wear ring in 2 taps of the throttle in shallow water if the conditions are right. I did it myself when it was brand new.

Its a cheap part and easy to change. When you get a chance peal your boot back and look at your carbon seal area. Your motor alignment could be off and causing this.

Mine was off from the factory but it is not causing cavitation at this point.

You really need to be very KEEN when looking at these areas since your problem more than likely lies with those components.

Some of the grates can cause a slight bit of cavitation as opposed to others but it sounds like you have a more pronounced issue.

the boot underneath the seat??? and how would i know if the alignment was wrong?

well!!!! @ 10 hours my carbon seal has put the "black line" in my hull... so i suppose its shot.

will the skat trak driveshaft seal work on the rxpx?

also does the carbon ring supposed to fit tight on the shaft or is it shpposed to be loose on the shaft???? because my seal feels like it is 1/4 inch larger than the shaft i can push it down on the shaft and pull it up on the shaft or should it be fairly tight???

+1

Re: another cavitation thread rxpx

Dont use the skat bro. Borrow the alignment tool and align it good and put a stuck carbon ring on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Dont use the skat bro. Borrow the alignment tool and align it good and put a stuck carbon ring on.
    who would i borrow a tool from? and did you mean stock carbon ring?

+1
    Yes, I meant stock. myself and IBADTON have one we can rent out as soon as were are done with it.

+1
    Most rxpx spin with the R&D grate with stock horsepower.
    You might try stock prop and grate and SC wheel and test spin to see if you are sucking air from under the ride plate.
    BEWARE a stock intake grate is dangerous over 75mph.

R&D grate + bigger SC wheel = spin off the bottom.

Thread Information