Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

rxp no revs HELP

hey ill give you my story i bought the seadoo with a blowen motor it is a 2006 rxp with 48 injectors b kit charger rr ecu, rrfpr ,riva inter cooler 2004 cam shaft riva valve up grade 15/20 prop catch can thru exhaust gutted box riva intake it seems to be a mitch matched stage 3 heres my problem i have built the motor my self and i just changed the cam shaft i have never seen the bike run it's best numbers seems like somthing always acts up i put a new cam shaft in to the bike took if for a test run and all i get is 2800 rpms max w.o.t why is this and could it be a pitch issue

Im sure everyone on here could give you more answers, but from what i understand with those mods and a 15/20r you would be bouncing off the limiter if anything. not restricted to mid 2k rpms.

My guess would be a problem with the valve train

+1
    check the supercharger it could be shot but that wouldnt bring revs that low by itself. first check compression on it. is the cam timing correct? are the fuel injectors good? is the intercooler cracked? is the wear ring shot? any bent valves? i would check these things

last time I saw something this dramatic, it was exhaust fumes leaking from the J pipe into the hull area.

The engine really doesnt like the smell of its own exhaust, and RPM is almost impossible
    '
    Cam-shaft timing could be way out, or intake blocked badly.

rxp in and back in action so i thought

ok guys took my valve cover off locked in the the cam and crank seems like every thing was good took it to the seadoo shop for a buds scan nothing wrong they say i threw it in the water no revs again over 3k so now im stumped i just installed a new head gasket 1 month ago every thing seems good compression seems to be good i just put a rude 2 in just over 6 months ago so i put the seadoo on the trailer pull it out of the water hit the key and it revs too the mooooon all 8600 rpms now im pulling my hair out

+1
    1. Did you try driving it with the seat off as Richie mentioned? That is always a good test for exhaust leaks ...

Even with no boost, the ski will pull 6000 rpms in the water usually.
    2. How smooth is the idle?
    3. What speed does it idle at? In water and on trailer?
    4. What was the exact compression in each hole?
    5. Fresh gas and spark plugs?
    6. What is the RRFPR set at? What PSI does the gauge show when you put the key in?

What do you mean that it hits 8600 rpm on the trailer? Is that when you hold the throttle wide open? That proves nothing really as there is no load on the motor, and is actually very hard on the motor to rev it that high with no load/no water.

Even with the cam timing off a little, the ski will normally still run decent, but often the idle will be rough.

With no codes on BUDS, it is likely something mechanical & minor, and if you can provide us with enough information we can offer good input. Answer the above questions and we will have a much better chance to help.

a little info

ok i turned my rrfpr down it iddles at 52psi and the idle of the craft seems to hunt around a little bit fluxing between 1600 and 1900 on the trailer and for the seat trick i did not take it of when i was trying to ride it thats the first thing im goin to do when i get to the lake last time i tried to start it i needed a jump start so i just grabbed a new battery i just put plugs in the seadoo and the fuel just filled it up could my impeller be jamming up in my ring when i put it in the water i think the head gasket is ok it's not making a foam in the oil but i'll do a compresion test tonight also i just timed the bike locking the cam and crank in now on the crank im looking for the hole thats drilled in to the crank that the tool sits in right

+1
    OK, if the cam timing is right, the idle should be smooth and stay between 1750 - 1850 ... your cam timing might be off, its pretty easy to have happen. Its hard to understand your post since there is no punctuation, but you may have to pull the cam timing tool out, rotate the motor by hand (easy to do with pump off and just put impeller on driveshaft and twist it by hand) until you get the crank lock tool in. You can also put a long skinny screwdriver in the 3rd cylinder (closest to gas tank) and watch it ... the tool should rise and stop at TDC in that cylinder, at the same time, the timing marks on the camshaft sprocket SHOULD be close to parallel with the edge of the head, and the crank lock tool should drop in. Once you get the crank lock tool in and 3rd cylinder is TDC, THEN try again to get cam tool in, and see what the timing marks look like on the cam sprocket ... my guess is they will not be parallel to the head. There are quite a few threads on cam timing with pictures, so do a search if you need to ...

ok

"sorry about the gibberish"
    ok ya when i was looking for the marks on the crank i was looking for a small hole drilled in the crank where my tool sits.But ill do the old way with the screw driver so #3 has to be all the way up for TDC. Thanks man should i tightin the marks with the tensioner tight or with the tensioner backed off.

+1

Re: rxp no revs HELP

Tensioner has to be tight in place when adjusting cam timing I know the timing will be way off and destroy your head I just looked at a pic of a guys cylinder head that he adjusted cam timing without tensioner tight in place it was finished

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information