Keel hitting front of trailer

I recently just bought a 2002 Karavan single trailer for my Seadoo. Everything fits great except for the very front. The keel is hitting the V part where it splits behind the tounge. The ski needs to go up a few inches or something needs to get placed there to protect it because i don't want it bouncing on metal driving down the rain. I didn't know what kind of options i had here or what my best method would be to fix it. I added a few pictures that may help.

+1
    I had a similar problem with my trailer when i put on longer tongue and moved ski forward. I bought an 8" keel assembly, drilled 2 holes and problem fixed in 10 minutes.

First thing to do is measure the width of the crossplate to see if the 8" assembly will fit. They do make a 5" roller assembly, but the mounting holes would have to be drilled 1.5" off center. Which won't work since you have a 3" wide tongue.

The 8" assembly. The mounting holes are drilled 3" off center. Looking at your pics. It will work much like mine granted the 8" plate will fit.

You can buy the keel assembly at west marine stores. I paid $48/wtax. A little expensive, but thats the price of convenience. eastern marine sells them for $33.95 + shipping.http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....categoryID=204

The bolts you can get at home depot or lowes, you'll need.

(2) 1/2" x 1 1/2" zinc bolts.
    (4) 1/2" zinc washers
    (2) 1/2" zinc nylon insert lock nuts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1022091718a.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	189860  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastrex View Post
    I recently just bought a 2002 Karavan single trailer for my Seadoo. Everything fits great except for the very front. The keel is hitting the V part where it splits behind the tounge. The ski needs to go up a few inches or something needs to get placed there to protect it because i don't want it bouncing on metal driving down the rain. I didn't know what kind of options i had here or what my best method would be to fix it. I added a few pictures that may help.

Hey 1fastrex just loosen the two U bolts on the winch and slide it back! It's an easy fix!

XLTNoob
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Speed View Post
    Hey 1fastrex just loosen the two U bolts on the winch and slide it back! It's an easy fix!
    +1

You want about 60% of the load in front of the axle, and 40% behind the axle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Speed View Post
    +2, easy fix there.

Thread Information