Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sharps SLX 1200 engine rebuild

Just got my engine back from Sharps Marine, my engine was just worn out. I had a new Polaris crank installed, new pistons bored .20 over, recreational porting job and the heads were also cut down. Can't wait to try it out. I did some repairs to some scratches on the hull while the engine was out and now I am almost back together, just waiting to get some jets for the carbs and an alignment tool and I will get it broke in and dialed in and let you know how it goes. I can't say enough about Jay and the guys at Sharps, really great people, very helpful and very reasonably priced. Highly recommend them for your Polaris watercraft needs. Very knowledgeable people. I will repost and let you know how she pulls.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tburn View Post
    Just got my engine back from Sharps Marine, my engine was just worn out. I had a new Polaris crank installed, new pistons bored .20 over, recreational porting job and the heads were also cut down. Can't wait to try it out. I did some repairs to some scratches on the hull while the engine was out and now I am almost back together, just waiting to get some jets for the carbs and an alignment tool and I will get it broke in and dialed in and let you know how it goes. I can't say enough about Jay and the guys at Sharps, really great people, very helpful and very reasonably priced. Highly recommend them for your Polaris watercraft needs. Very knowledgeable people. I will repost and let you know how she pulls.
    great to hear but,,,,,,,,,,,,,

J/K but we do want pics

First run yesterday on new motor

I put it in the water yesterday and broke it in a little,man does that thing pull. Running great besides being a little rich for the break in period. Big noticable difference in power. Midrange pulls very well and seems like maybe more top end too, I just don't want to hold it too long yet. Sharps did a great job can't wait to get it dialed in on the jetting. I will post again when its broke in good and try to get some pics up here too.

+1

Good to hear!!!

Glad your experience with the Sharps was like sooooooooo many others, a great one. They're great people, very knowledgable and stand behind their work.

Now, with that being said, you got the most bitch'nist avatar ever dude!!!

slx

Thanks I hope to get a better shot this summer of some pretty good air on this thing. I also customized my trim nozzle to angle up a little more so it shoots an amazing rooster tail, I will get a picture of that too.

+1
    Nice report!!
    Jay has always given very freely of his time and information here at the boards.
    Good to see he found a good home to continue his work with the Polaris group!!

+1
    Keyz, the tools ever show up?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	205357Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	205356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	205355Slx is still going good, still not quite dialed in on air and fuel mixture but I'll get it. Here are a few shots of my rooster tail from a modified trim nozzle.

+1
    WOW!!!!!!!!! what a tail on that ski!/ How did you do that to your nozzle?. I want mine to do that! i got a couple here to mess with.. Thats SHWEEEEETTTTT!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!!! what a tail on that ski!/ How did you do that to your nozzle?. I want mine to do that! i got a couple here to mess with.. Thats SHWEEEEETTTTT!

Edit: just saw the moddedtrim nozzle part lol

bow its trim all the way up.. my sl1050 does that.. not as big but it sure is freakin sweet..and if some ones fallowing you one quick jurk to the left or right and they are soaked lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information