If u aint FIRST your LAST!!!! SpeedFreak's Avatar

help. no starting after fuel line swap

i just swaped over all my fuel lines, (had the tempo) and it ran before i did it. now i get nothing, it just turns over but no attemped to start. i have spark and fuel, what else could be wrong.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    you may have put a line on backwards at the fuel baffel, or may have hooked up the lines backwards at the carbs, or you have air in the line...just to give you something to start with

If u aint FIRST your LAST!!!! SpeedFreak's Avatar
    i checked all the lines and they are right. im getting fuel in the carbs and spark to the plugs.

+1
    i am guessing this is for the 95 hx? is the fuel selector switch on? i know we have all left it in the 'off' position before.

you only need 3 things for the 2 strokes to run. fuel, spark and compression. if you have all 3, then maybe your battery is low? if the voltage is a bit low, it will turn over, but will not have enough juice to start the ski. just trying to give you some simple things to check. have you tried new plugs? maybe the old ones got fouled somehow. check that the pulse line is hooked up too.

+1
    Replace the fuel switch. I know it's a bitch but after you change out the lines you HAVE to clean/rebuild everything they were connected to...the fuel switch, the carbs (especially the filters in the carbs) And you can't go the easy route with a chemical cleaner you have to physically clean them. The blue/green crap from the tempo lines turns to glue after it's been in the system awhile. Seadoo makes great boats but they always have something minor that f's them up...the tempo lines or ceramic washers are two cases in point.

If you've already cleaned/rebuilt EVERYTHING the lines were connected to and you have fuel and spark...then you're missing air but that's not likely.

Go the easy route and buy a can of starting fluid (use a small amount) and see if you can get it to start. If it does then you have a fuel delivery problem.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasGV View Post

Go the easy route and buy a can of starting fluid (use a small amount) and see if you can get it to start. If it does then you have a fuel delivery problem.

NO NO NO STARTING FLUID

Easy route..sure..easy route to get hurt when there is a massive backfire and the exhaust hose blows to little pieces of shrapnel. Nobody every uses a little bit of that crap. And we won't even get into how bad it is for a motors lubrication

an eyedropper with some gas into each cylinder..put the plugs in and try to spin it over.

You screwed up something..you may think you have the lines on right..check them again. The water seperator should quikcly fill with fuel when you crank the engine.

again..check everything with great care.

tips for newbies..change one line at a time..less mistakes that way.

You did connect the pulse line right?

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I use a syringe and fill it with my premixed fuel and spray it inside the carb bodies, it will help you start a dry engine, never use starting fluid on a 2 smoke engine, ever!

+1
    wow my bad...don't use the starting fluid. Not even a little. I don't want to be responsible for shrapnel. I've used it on the boat and on the 2 strokes to check for fuel delivery problems after rebuilding the carbs without an issue but I won't be doing that again.

Since you said you already have spark and fuel I would follow their advice and get out the eye dropper and try that route.

Thread Information