+1

Guys Please help...Please read

I need a few things, please help...Looking for a dive shaft alginment tool, to barrow or rent. Also, i am having a oil horn go off and i believe its one of the sensors etc..seems like i heard alot of people gripe about the 05 rxp's and the fix was a oild pressure sensor on the front of the engine..Can somone post that art number. I also need some shims for the motor etc...Pleas help guys..thanks

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    You can rent or buy an alignment tool from SBT... they also carry shim kits http://www.shopsbt.com/

Oil pressure switch # 420856530

Shims # 270000446

+1

Guys

Cant find this oil pressure switch..What am i doing???I need to order one asap !!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabeGoing80 View Post
    Cant find this oil pressure switch..What am i doing???I need to order one asap !!!!!
    Item 14 in this page of the store
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....e=13&A=129&B=9

Thanks

I pew pew lazors
    Is it really common for these switches to go out? My oil level was perfect (exactly between the two marks) and I had an oil alarm beep at me two or three times while hammering the throttle pretty good.

+1
    Its not uncommon for them to fail ... there is one in the front, but another one on the back of the block, kind of under the intake manifold/throttle body area. Its likely just one of the sensors, but have you noticed any other symptoms? When does the alarm go off? Is it pushing out more oil in the breather or catch can than usual?

+1

Sensors??

Where are they located?? I have a a highly modded stage 3 boat, with everything including open loop. When i run it hard and let off throttle it goes into limp mode and blares low oil. I was told the 05 are notorius for doing this.. HMMM>..is it the switch or sensor? or are they the same thing vern? Dont want to buy something i dont need....Thanks...Was up to 83 in the heat tho..yay...

Scott aka Lvnspeed GPRXP does the exact same thing...SOOO????

+1
    Robin a switch can be a sensor. order the one Jerry posted the number for Oh yea get me one too....

I pew pew lazors
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Its not uncommon for them to fail ... there is one in the front, but another one on the back of the block, kind of under the intake manifold/throttle body area. Its likely just one of the sensors, but have you noticed any other symptoms? When does the alarm go off? Is it pushing out more oil in the breather or catch can than usual?
    No other symptoms and the ECU doesn't store a code. The ski runs great. Oil looks clean (correct color, viscosity, no contaminants, not milky), has great torque, no cavitation, etc. Nothing in the catch can. The only thing I still question about the ski is why I can't get it over 7800 rpms (admitedly I haven't looked into this problem very much yet).

It just beeps and flashes "OIL" on the display. I beached it, got it level, checked the oil and it was perfectly half way. I added 1/3 of a quart "just in case" and it hasn't beeped since. I'm considering just picking up the switch that Jerry referenced. Does anyone know the tolerances allowed for a properly working switch? I'd be able to test mine if I knew.

Thread Information