Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    97 Kawasaki STX 1100

95 Polaris 750 sl vent tube routing help please!

Hi Folks, I recently purchased a 95 Polaris 750 SL and have been following this forum closely replacing my fuel pump with the triple feed and fuel lines vacumn lines, battery etc. Im trying to find out the correct factory set up for the vent ports on the front of my polaris under the front cover. Currently my driver side front vent has the fuel tank vent connected to it and the passanger vent is connected to my oil tank. I was told the battery vent goes where my oil tank is connected. Im trying to find out the correct way to run all 3 of these connections. Oil tank, fuel tank and battery vent. If anyone has a hose routing diagram or can just tell me how to connect these all properly Id appreciate it. Thanks in advance....

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The oil tank check valve is only to be connected to the oil tank. The other nipple on the check valve is left in open air.

You can find parts diagrams for every year and model on the Polaris Industries parts web site.

Since whoever worked on the machine before you didn't know what they were doing, you need to check everything they may have touched.

Do NOT assume they have installed the fuel tank and oil tank check valves correctly (they must be installed the right way around, or they will not vent correctly).

The battery vent tube is supposed to run all the way back to the battery location. On regular lead-acid PWC batteries, there is a vent nipple at the end of the battery.

If you are buying a new battery, I suggest you spend the extra money for an AGM type PWC battery, like the Odyssey PC625.

AGM batteries have no vent nipple, no possibility of leakage, vibration resistant, and longer battery life.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3052%5C3052A012.jpg 
Views:	828 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	190052   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3052%5C3052A010.jpg 
Views:	3609 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	190053  

Home grown engineer, and professional tinkerer. 2 Strokin' Polaris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mogyver69 View Post
    Hi Folks, I recently purchased a 95 Polaris 750 SL and have been following this forum closely replacing my fuel pump with the triple feed and fuel lines vacumn lines, battery etc. Im trying to find out the correct factory set up for the vent ports on the front of my polaris under the front cover. Currently my driver side front vent has the fuel tank vent connected to it and the passanger vent is connected to my oil tank. I was told the battery vent goes where my oil tank is connected. Im trying to find out the correct way to run all 3 of these connections. Oil tank, fuel tank and battery vent. If anyone has a hose routing diagram or can just tell me how to connect these all properly Id appreciate it. Thanks in advance....
    Using the PDF version of the factory manual Pg. 157 for oil, Pg. 126 of for fuel, and I was unable to find a battery vent. In my '94 750 SL's the batteries vent into the engine bay, and any excaping hydrogen is burned by the engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Strokin' Polaris View Post
    ...In my '94 750 SL's the batteries vent into the engine bay, and any escaping hydrogen is burned by the engine.
    Not from the factory, it wasn't like that.

You NEVER want flammable or explosive gases inside the hull. There is a good reason that the battery and fuel tank are vented to the outside.

Unlike an inboard boat, a PWC does not have a ventilation blower. Instead, the engine compartment is designed to not release or harbor explosive gases, and the battery venting is an important part of that design.

If your lead-acid battery is not vented to the outside of the hull, then someone has removed the venting. I suggest you either re-install the proper venting for the battery, OR BETTER YET install a factory sealed AGM type battery.

Sealed AGM battery requires no venting, and has no vent nipple. AGM is a better battery all around.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Strokin' Polaris View Post
    ...I was unable to find a battery vent...
    Mentioned on page 2.10 in the manual, and visible in the online parts diagram (Item 6).

Name:	3052%5C3052B006.jpg 
Views:	818 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	190059  

97 Kawasaki STX 1100
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Mentioned on page 2.10 in the manual, and visible in the online parts diagram (Item 6).
    Ok so my question was does the battery vent from the battery run thru a hose all the way to the front of the ski to the vent located under the front storage compartment? Theres 2 vents there one on the right and the other on the left under the storage. Im assuming by what you said that my battery connects to the vent on the right passanger side under the storage compartment and my fuel tank vent hooks to the left vent drivers side under the storage compartment. Im also assuming by what you said the oil tank which mine has two ports one to the oil pump and the other is a vent both hoses have filters. Im assuming one is a 1 way check valve but they called it a filter. so the vent hose coming off the oil tank has a filter connected on one side and the other side I dont attach anything too. Just leave it alone and hanging there...

I did already replace all the fuel lines, replaced the battery with a cheap walmart brand $50 which has a vent. I also replaced all the choke/prime hoses which are just vacumn hoses. I have not replaced the oil pump lines. They feel flexible not dried out or swallen. But I am considering it. I upgraded the fuel pump like you told me too. I have not rechecked my compression. Im gonna go buy a new compression gage but Im pretty confident there good. The engine starts every time and runs nice. My last step will be to run a garden hose thru the new flush fitting I added so I can make sure no waters getting in the cyclinders while its running...

I just want to be sure Im running my vent hoses to the correct locations. The oil tank vent was connected to the outside vent and had like 4 ft of hose sitting under my engine that it ran thru prier to getting vent from the outside. I was concerned it may have been wrong.... Please clarify for me...

Thank you again for your continued support. You have been very helpful.

97 Kawasaki STX 1100
    The oil tank check valve is only to be connected to the oil tank. The other nipple on the check valve is left in open air.

You can find parts diagrams for every year and model on the Polaris Industries parts web site.

Since whoever worked on the machine before you didn't know what they were doing, you need to check everything they may have touched.

Do NOT assume they have installed the fuel tank and oil tank check valves correctly (they must be installed the right way around, or they will not vent correctly).

The battery vent tube is supposed to run all the way back to the battery location. On regular lead-acid PWC batteries, there is a vent nipple at the end of the battery.

If you are buying a new battery, I suggest you spend the extra money for an AGM type PWC battery, like the Odyssey PC625.

AGM batteries have no vent nipple, no possibility of leakage, vibration resistant, and longer battery life.

Thats not my fuel tank. I have the late model 95 Polaris 750sl all thats there is a sending unit with a float inside the unit itself.

+1
    O...The oil tank vent was connected to the outside vent and had like 4 ft of hose sitting under my engine..
    That would be the battery vent hose. It is really long, to reach the battery at the rear of the hull.

The only other really long small hose is for the speedometer, if you have one. It runs from the speedo display down to under the drive shaft, where there is a tiny nipple.

97 Kawasaki STX 1100
    That would be the battery vent hose. It is really long, to reach the battery at the rear of the hull.

The only other really long small hose is for the speedometer, if you have one. It runs from the speedo display down to under the drive shaft, where there is a tiny nipple.
    You are awesome. Yes I do have a speedo. I saw that hose and am assuming Ill run my battery hose then from the battery along side my speedo hose thru the hull support and toward the front to the vent. The oil vent gets that check valve and then just hangs there in the hull?

+1
    ...The oil vent gets that check valve and then just hangs there in the hull?
    Yep.

The fuel tank also has one of two check valves that is also open to the hull interior at one end.

Item 10 in diagram.

Name:	3052%5C3052A010.jpg 
Views:	721 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	190087  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information