Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

putting my brand new 260x in the water tomorrow

im dropping my ski in tomorrow, so what have you guys found works the best for the motor? i have heard fluid film, or nothing and just wash it with dish soap after. i have already removed the pulley cover and anti siezed the plugs.

as skip says above, check all the hoses for tightness...

Lanolin spray in engine bay, but keep it away from the belt area. Remove back seat base and check every hose connection for tightness. Don't go out alone. I have towed ultras before that have blown hoses off the through hull fittings that were brand new! And had been checked by the dealers, oh and myself....Whoops.

IMVHO I suggest CRC-656. I buy it by the case and coat everything under the seat and the entire pump assembly.

After riding, I suggest you wash thoroughly each ride with Salt Terminator on a garden sprayer gun set to the "mist" setting as to not force any water into anything, followed by a fresh water rinse then drive home from the harbor with my seats of to aid drying. Also, don't forget to open the drain plugs on the way home..

A day or so later when everything is dry, I coat the whole engine compartment with 656.

I have 110 hours, ride 100% salt water and the engine looks new. The 656 keeps corrosion from setting in and everything waterproof..

Best,
    LB

Probably have to use 656 myself now I'm back in Artic Australia. Good reply LordBlack. Where I've come from you blink and engine bay is dry!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Aussie View Post
    Lanolin spray in engine bay, but keep it away from the belt area. Remove back seat base and check every hose connection for tightness. Don't go out alone. I have towed ultras before that have blown hoses off the through hull fittings that were brand new! And had been checked by the dealers, oh and myself....Whoops.

ya i was planning on pulling that off and checking tomorrow, is it just those 4 nuts holding it on?

got the engine all fluid filmed, battery is charged, stereo is all hooked up, i CANT WAIT!! last year i was riding an 1100 venture lol, i cant wait to get this baby WOT!

+1
    Should be a good time once broken it. Too bad your too far I am headed out also. Stereo is a clean install, good work.

+1
    yea that stereo is a major PITA to install, but worth it. looks dope with the stickers peeled dont u think?

+1
    yea its sick, you definitely did the radio the right way though. The 260 to the raider is one hell of an upgrade. Let me know who it goes tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information