newbie 250x questions

hey everyone I just recently purchased a brand new 250x. its a 2007 so it was basically old inventory. I took it out this past weekend for the first time and was just wondering where the boost and speed should be. According to the ski I hit a max of 8lbs of boost and around 53mph. the water was pretty calm and the temperature was about 65degrees. So is this normal for a brand new ski or is there something wrong. any help would be appreciated.

I asked these same questions a few weeks back so what I was told was you should be getting 11 psi of boost and to be honest...depends on the speedometer! I have a 2007 and I am between 63 and 68 depending on water condition and gas level.

I'll caution you as I was...breaking in the ski...there are two schools of thought. #1 ride it hard like you stole it! #2 follow the procedure in the manual. If you look throughout the threads you'll see both suggestions and reasoning for both.

I do know that your top speed is not until your engine breaks in fully? 53mph seems to be uite a bit low however.

Another thing to check...see if the dealer overfilled your oil.

Quote Originally Posted by strok-n View Post
    hey everyone I just recently purchased a brand new 250x. its a 2007 so it was basically old inventory. I took it out this past weekend for the first time and was just wondering where the boost and speed should be. According to the ski I hit a max of 8lbs of boost and around 53mph. the water was pretty calm and the temperature was about 65degrees. So is this normal for a brand new ski or is there something wrong. any help would be appreciated.

+1
    10 or 11 pounds of boost is what you should be hitting. supercharger belt may be loose. need a tool to know proper belt tension. and check all hose clamps around supercharger. also beware for gas blow by in your oil. check oil a lot and learn to change the oil yourself.

Do you remember what your max rpm's were. should be around 7600 but yours are probably low due to low boost. The stock speedo is not very accurate and in fact seems to read low. get a gps and your speeds should be around 65 when your getting the right amount of boost and RPM's.

Another thing to watch or keep an eye on is the level of mineral oil in supercharger, the stick has a tendency to break off in the 07's. Also do this mod in pic as to keep rotors lubed in SC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC lube mod.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	190084  

my max rpms were 6950, I did a little reading on here and saw the sparks plugs might be causing the loss, is that true?

+1
    could also be that crappy blow off valve on the back of the intercooler that most of us block off that's known for leaking boost.

but to answer your question it does sound like your rpm's are low, even for a new ski.

+1
    and welcome to greenhulk!

+1
    if you read the max stored rpms that could be your problem as it wont be true, as mentioned many times on here you need to look at the digital read out at WOT same goes for your speed if reading stored or even on the fly you will need a gps to check speed against rpm.
    you could find infact there is nothing wrong with your ski if you have done the above.

Quote Originally Posted by strok-n View Post
    my max rpms were 6950, I did a little reading on here and saw the sparks plugs might be causing the loss, is that true?

Good luck with your 2007 model. Back read all you can on ultras and use your initiative as to what you could regard as gospel and what is paranoia. There is a lot of knowledge now available and these guys know their stuff. There is no stupid question and no stupid answer. Just make your own mind up. Oh, and you can have a laugh along the way to learning more. Great site.

Thread Information