Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fastest Sponson?

I've been on the search button for awhile and have found that my current set up with stock sponsons are the fastest. I am looking for top speed, but are there any sponsons that have a better appearance and I won't lose any speed? Not interested in turning where it sacrifices top end. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

what kind of ski? GPR? stock stepped sponsons

Beach House sponsons do well. Kerry use to run them on his ski and went 90mph+. I ran them on my tripple at 89mph....don't know if they scrub any speed at those speeds cause the ski is ridding so much higher out of the water. They were also setup stepped like stockers.

On the other hand...I tested them on a much slower ski at around 70mph and they were 1mph slower than stepped stock sponsons.

Appreciate the replies! This is a modded GPR. Currently have them stepped. But over the years, they don't look the best. Just not willing to give up speed for looks, trying to find one that would replicate the performance of stock, but would be higher up in the appearance category. So Beach House is one, what about Danny's, or any other aftermarket ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Appreciate the replies! This is a modded GPR. Currently have them stepped. But over the years, they don't look the best. Just not willing to give up speed for looks, trying to find one that would replicate the performance of stock, but would be higher up in the appearance category. So Beach House is one, what about Danny's, or any other aftermarket ones?
    most aftermarket sponsons are designed around making the hull perform better...
    I`m not partial to homemade type sponsons, and the R&D`s are beautiful and can perform at any level if desired, but cost a few crones.
    The oem`s are tried and true for top speed runs, maybe purchasing a new set from www.boats.net or a good used set would fit the budget better...

I currently run the R&D G force on my 1300 and prefer them over the Riva counterpart, just remember what they are intended for..., they may not have any increase in speed over the stock ones...

I have a 01 gpr can someone post a pic. of the stock stepped sponsons. Sorry new to the game just trying to make sure i have the right set up

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post

You can find stockers cheap or clean them up like I did and lightly spray paint them with bumper trim black...almost a satin finish looks like new again.

Not really looking for an increase in speed, just don't want to go the other way. Do you know if the R&Ds have been tested back to back against the OEMs? I may just order some new ones or clean up my existing ones. Again, appreciate the feedback.

I have a set of gpr beach house sponsoons. I am wanting to trade them for a 99-00 xll set or Ill take 150 for them if your interested.

+1

I have a set...

Would yours fit my 99 XLL ??? Wondering if I would see any gains on my ski ??

Aaron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information