Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

AN 18,000.00 Dollar jet ski?

I went to the pwc dealer today to see what they had in parts for my pro or whatever... i saw a couple MFDS IN THE SKIS!!! in the junkyard..

I was looking for a primer set up that works. half the yard is dead skis, the other are owners skis. I walk over to the owners skis and I see a PRO!

Hmm.. lets check it out! Is it for sale? looks pretty good

black/white zebra stripe hydroturf?. I didnt like it. I look under the ski- R and D grate. so far so good.

Hmm.. should I take the seat off? your damm right!

Seat was shrunk just a little, not too bad, otherwise nice. gauge was there. No umi, Now I'm thinking original ski. So I take a peek.

The original triples are in there, it all looks stock to me. theres a huge piece of foam right in front of the stator..? was that OEM? looks like it. i mean this thing didnt have any goodies on it.. Pro MIcks ski is bad ass and has the goods on it!. Nice ski Mick!

I didn't look all that long, but from what I saw, i wasn't impressed by GH stardards for a sweet ski all modded up..

The ski was apparently built by K and W racing in Utica.. Maybe Keddano would know more about thier ability to build a bad as ski stock looking.

Anyway, I ask about it and its someones. The guy said he paid 18,000.00 for it. I'm laighing at him.lol I'll takes LUGS's 785 and blow his hood off.lol . Or mine! I'll race ya. I got all the mods going on here too.!

He said, you could race this and know where you are. I.m like?

Cmon 18000.00 ? Seriously? I'll take mine for 2000.00 and run with it.lol That means I could have 9 pros for 18000.00!

Stock head,no hot seat water box, nothing..maybe I'm wrong.. it had all the yellow stickers on it said triple pipe exhaust managment sticker on the sides by the hood. original stickers, stock hull.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Back in the day, the cost to not only buy top shelf parts but also have a top shelf tuner put it all together was not cheap.

A stock 785 Pro was circa $9,000 new.

Then the add-ons and engine internal upgrades, plus labor - lots of labor.

And spares, special tools, tuning gear, etc, etc...

Over in the performance forums on GH, some of the top shelf current tuner PWC are costing circa $100,000 to get built

$50K is not unusual for some of them now.

Some of those machines are running near 100mph, and are getting there in seconds

+1
    Yeah 95/hour adds up quick. Plus if you buy it new off the floor for 9000. Plus financing!!!! Thats it.

+1
    They are turning into Top Fuel Dragsters! When you look under the hood your astonished by the technology going on.. Amazing stuff. I'm sure a 100 is possible. miss bud does 163. i know it s a prop but still.. big gap there. maybe pumps designs and the props will change somehow in the future maybe to a 3 or 4 mini pumps at different locals or dual side by side pumps. 2 grate? side by side? who knows whats in store,, the donzi hull is a great hull if you ever ridin in one. takes 70-80 no problem. blows right thru 3-4 footers all day. the hull has a ton of affect on handling,speed too. The Pro is a good example of that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Cmon 18000.00 ? Seriously? I'll take mine for 2000.00 and run with it.lol That means I could have 9 pros for 18000.00!
    Maybe the Hydroturf was made from a real zebraOr he could be quoting Mexican pesos

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    They are turning into Top Fuel Dragsters! When you look under the hood your astonished by the technology going on.. Amazing stuff. I'm sure a 100 is possible. miss bud does 163. i know it s a prop but still.. big gap there. maybe pumps designs and the props will change somehow in the future maybe to a 3 or 4 mini pumps at different locals or dual side by side pumps. 2 grate? side by side? who knows whats in store,, the donzi hull is a great hull if you ever ridin in one. takes 70-80 no problem. blows right thru 3-4 footers all day. the hull has a ton of affect on handling,speed too. The Pro is a good example of that.
    100 has been done
    106 on the "propski" gp1300r with jet removed and shaft and prop installed
    a bunch of guys are pushing past 95 and could/will get 100 as soon as the take there balls and put them on Galager's watermelon block scary shiot there boy
    and the "new" duoprop-twin impeller I believe is helping Cris Mac. kick azz ,,probably on 2 dozen of those set ups out there being tested,,next year i bet it will be a dam requirement to hang on the race course

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    K&W was good back in the day,don't know about now,There is No way the guy has 18 grand in the ski from what you said it has on it.......Of course unless he took a blown ski to them and said fix it. I could see some Stealer charging some poor dumb sucker that much in repairs...LOL

Bow, you should check out the Rec Junkyard in Yale,Mi. EMC (Eastern Michigan Cycle) 810-387-3513 Might find something interesting there,but he's not cheap,about 50% of dealer price.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post

Bow, you should check out the Rec Junkyard in Yale,Mi. EMC (Eastern Michigan Cycle) 810-387-3513 Might find something interesting there,but he's not cheap,about 50% of dealer price.
    Yeah, i could make a trip there n check it out..is it Big/? 100's of skis? polaris's? or all types of whatever laying around?

Yeah. ill check what when why on that ski and find out more. sounds like he got ganked on that deal.. theres no way its 18,000.00 it would look like your msx with mods all over it!. I'm interested inknowing more about it..

If it can be explained, I'd like to hear the story,, Yeah maybe the turf is real zebra!.lol

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah, i could make a trip there n check it out..is it Big/? 100's of skis? polaris's? or all types of whatever laying around?

Yeah. ill check what when why on that ski and find out more. sounds like he got ganked on that deal.. theres no way its 18,000.00 it would look like your msx with mods all over it!. I'm interested inknowing more about it..

If it can be explained, I'd like to hear the story,, Yeah maybe the turf is real zebra!.lol
    I don't know if they deal in alot of skis,been there a few times,they have alot of bikes and snowmobiles. Wasn't into skis when I went there years ago. maybe call them first and ask.

+1
    Ok. I promised more info on this.. so here it is.. The guy bought the ski from K'n N cycle. Back in the day, he said, he wanted to buy one, he has money.. They said, If your not sactioned,you cant buy one.. He said I dont care how much it costs. I have money.. Not exactly sure if that was during the race scene back when. sounds like it was.

I guess you had to be a racer and be sponsoned in order to own/ride one.. whatever the case is, I don't know myself.. Al!!! Fill us in! Could anyone buy a Pro back in 97 98 99 2000?

Those skis must of been the hottest thing on earth with trippppples in it!

At some point, yeah, he got one,, 18,000.00 he really paid that much for a stock running pro. I looked it over and theres nothing special on it really. mines probably faster just looking at both. It wasnt a leftover race ski. just a pro785. just sitting on the trailer with a cover on it weeds around the double trailer, buried among other skis. he had another ski on the same trailer. not sure what that was. i was staring at the pro. Like i had blinders on.lol

I wonder if its for sale? HMMMM... i think it had a red bottom white top with the yellow stickers on it. not sure the year, i didnt read the HIN. said triple exhaust management system on the sides.

Its the only other 785 pro i've ever seen in michigan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information