My 2010 jet ski 800 first ride

I got 2010 jet ski 800, this is my first stand up ski I love it, new experience any one here have one that we can share some info, I would like to know the best suitable 2 stroke oil to be used and what is the recommended oil fuel ratio you use I guess the manual is saying 60:1 Iím using 50:1 Yamaha 2 stroke oil

The great oil debate. You are going to get a lot of different opinions on that. I use Amsoil dominator. I love it seems to protect great and doesn't smoke that much. If it does smoke more then normal you will know you have a problem with your ski that you will know you need to give attention to. If the manual says 60:1 and you are running 50:1 that should be fine. I run 40:1 but I have a 1100 ZXi and I want to be safer then sorry. Mine calls for 50:1 for premix.

My Amsoil rep told me the last time I picked up a order that is was tested at 200:1 and never broke down and held up. You would never do that but it is impressive.

Thanks for the info Texan..acually I have noticed some smoke while idealing out of water...and always it hartd to stard without accelertion and pushing the throutle little bit is that normal?

With premix you are going to smoke some. Some oils will smoke more then others. I know with Amsoil it is very light, if I am to rich or a cylinder is not firing it will look like a smoke screen both in and out of the water. If this is a new ski I would have it looked at. It should start right up. If this had a rebuilt motor then I would say the carbs are not tuned right. It is possible though your idle could be off even with it being brand new. Try bumping the idle up some and see if that helps.

Thread Information