+1

Gp1200r carb cleaning

So I launched my ski for the first time today and it would not go faster then idle without bogging down so I know the carbs need to be cleaned. I did get it up to about 35-40mph once and when I let off it shut off and I havnt been able to get it started. I drained the battery trying to get it start in the drive way and I got the battery charging now. What to do about flushing it I don't want to let it sit with salt water in it any suggestions?

+1
    Mine does the same but the carbs are fine. How do your plugs look?

+1
    I got it started. I guess I just need to clean the carbs now.

check the compression too if you have a guage. If not go buy a cheap one. A good tool to have when owning a two stroke.

+1
    I had a mechanic look the ski over and everything was perfect compression its 110 across all 3. He told me the carbs might have to cleaned but I wouldn't know untill I put it in the water. I think I'm just going to throw him some money to do the work after looking at all the stuff you have to remove just to get to the damn things. Or atleast have him do it with me, this is my first ski so I'm a little aprehensive about just tearing it apart. He's my friends brother so it isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg. I through him 30 bucks just to look the thing over and he didn't even want to take money from me. So I shouldn't cost me more then like 60 bucks.

well cleaning/rebuilding carbs takes a few hours and is a lot of work so if he does it for 60 bucks consider yourself lucky. IRebuild kits alone cost $150 and if your carbs are really so bad that your ski won't run past idle you will need them as I can't see a cleaning doing the job.

BTW, I'm down it N. Wildwood. Well not yet, but soon. Where in Cape May do you ride.?

+1
    Yes, I was sadly mistaken I just talked to him and to rebuild the carbs he wants $400, He works at yamaha dealer and told me for the same job they charge $600, I have a house on the water right down the street from pier 47 before you go over the bridge in to wildwood(not sawcrest). My ski though is up at m dads house in Cape May Court House right now though.

+1

Remove them yourself

Send em to osidebill the carb expert on GH

does he work at Pier 47? Head PWC mechanic? If so I might know who you mean and he is very good.

But you would be even better off sending them to Osidebill on this board to rebuild them for you. That would require you removing the carbs yourself if you are able to do that. Maybe even send smacota1 (guy above) a message to see if he has any carbs for sale. He sold me a like new set for less than that rebuild will cost you.

+1
    if its 400 with the rebuild kits its a good deal. not going to save much more really. Its alot of work and anything can happen, broken bolts everything corroded making every bolt 3 times as hard to remove. I would just let him do it.

Thread Information