Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does Anyone Have Alpha Boost Mounting Ideas

I'm going to be getting an alpha boost kit soon and I'd like to see what people have done for mounting the controllers and gauges on an R-12X for tuning while riding. I have seen it done on an F-12X in the glove compartment but the R-12X compartment opens differently and I don't think if they were mounted inside I'd be able to tune it while riding. Please post some pics if you have this done to give me some ideas. Any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
    Laz

+1
    Once it is set, you don't have to change it unless ambient changes a lot. I would install it in the glove compartment if there is room. Just don't do like I did and keep running up the boost sky high until something breaks. Set it to something reasonable and leave it alone.

My main purpose for wanting the controllers accessible is to be able to quickly adjust the boost according to who is gonna ride it and also to toy with my friends when I can either keep up or beat their skis, then lower the boost when we swap out and I beat them on their ski. I dunno just a fun idea I guess.

+1
    Jim has temporarily suspended shipment on the kits until a vendor issue is worked out.

+1
    I used Jim's clippard valve for the intake adjustment but use a hollman mbc for the turbo boost.

red knob lower right is the hollman.

Like JR said, i dial it in with seat off (gauges up front) then leave it alone. You'll get differences as the air temps change but that's why an electronic boost controller is better. Jims is an inexpensive and good alternative, macs is more performance for more $, and the ultimate so far is nitro's and of course is highest cost and flexibility.

there's alky kits too. Brothers project. Aurice's build. plenty of brains and ideas to go around and lots of contributors, thankfully.

this ski is boring as hell stock.

I'm anxious to see what Cal (highpsi) comes up with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02F12010.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	190777  

how do you find out about the other kits dav?

Here's a couple options. I hope to have new valves in a couple days so more kits will be available. You can mount the valves under the glove box cover and a gauge if you wish. You can purchase separate automotive gauges and gauge pods to mount on top for a more custom look. Or keep everything under the seat for easy install and easy removal if needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	controls.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	191482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76.9 mph.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	407.8 KB 
ID:	191483  

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Ah say ah say dats fancy!

+1
    yeah Jim's setup is ideal.. use a sharpie to mark the dial positions and blue threadlok from a paste stick (not liquid) on the dial threads to keep them from vibrating out of position. Thats a nice layout; wish i had done that.

Boost freak!!!!!!
    I have a f12x and I put them on the glove compartment I also put the fuel pressure. Gauge in the compartment

Ps all the work on my Skie is done by h20xtreme.net Miami fl they have a 94.7 mph an hour r12x proved over and over agian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information