Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Laxcrazy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manahwakin
    Posts
    611
    +1
    7

    Amsoil vs Mobil 1

    It's that time to change the oil in my ski. Last year went with Amsoil 10-40 marine formula. was poking around here and saw guys using Mobil 1 4T-10-40. i have a stage 1 p-x, safe to go with the mobil?


  2. #2
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77

    Re: Amsoil vs Mobil 1

    I just changed mine with that a while back. Advance auto here has it for 7.990a qt. Many others use it to since it is jaso ma certified for wet clutch use.

  3. #3
    Laxcrazy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manahwakin
    Posts
    611
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    I just changed mine with that a while back. Advance auto here has it for 7.990a qt. Many others use it to since it is jaso ma certified for wet clutch use.
    excellent.

  4. #4
    The mobile one 4T oil has a low API rating of SG (thats the low of the low for motorcycle engines) compared to their car oil which is API SM, AMSOIL is at least API SL if I remember right, I would go with the Amsoil if I had to pick one

  5. #5
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    I bought amosil marine 10w -40 for 7 bucks per quart from my engine shop. Seem like agood buy to me.

  6. #6
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I bought amosil marine 10w -40 for 7 bucks per quart from my engine shop. Seem like agood buy to me.
    Thats a good price. The best I can do around here is about 10 bucks a quart with shipping..

  7. #7
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Thats a good price. The best I can do around here is about 10 bucks a quart with shipping..
    That is what I thought myself. I did buy 10 qts so not sure if that mattered. I Just had all my engine work done at that shop so maybe got a break.

  8. #8
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    That is what I thought myself. I did buy 10 qts so not sure if that mattered. I Just had all my engine work done at that shop so maybe got a break.
    I usually buy it by the case. Used up the last of the Amsoil a few months ago and now using Mobil1 4T.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1st Oil Change on Yamaha FZS (Yamalube vs Amsoil)
    By stifun in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 03-31-2017, 07:33 AM
  2. 2 stroke oil amsoil vs. lucas
    By big john in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 12:10 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 01:18 AM
  4. Amsoil vs Kawasaki engine oil
    By kawa8234 in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 11:59 PM
  5. amsoil 10/40 marine vs mobile 1 10/40 mxt4
    By BMW550I in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •