RXR-X steering on an RXP??

Will an RXP-X complete steering system bolt on to an 08 RXP. Is it a simple bolt on and plug in the wiring harness? Or is it more involved? Will the stock RXP steering cable still be used and connect easily. I am assuming I will need a new throttle cable and the VTS will work as normal.If you have already been there done that or have any tips or info it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by roosterx; 05-25-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: adding a ?

Quote Originally Posted by roosterx View Post
    Will an RXP-X complete steering system bolt on to an 08 RXP. Is it a simple bolt on and plug in the wiring harness? Or is it more involved? Will the stock RXP steering cable still be used and connect easily. I am assuming I will need a new throttle cable and the VTS will work as normal.If you have already been there done that or have any tips or info it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Yes... It will bolt on. The only thing you need to do is buy the RXPX braided throttle cable on seadoo dealer which is like $65.00.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    You may also need to grind out a little on the front side of the hull where the new X stem protrudes through. I'm not sure with the 07+ RXP steering system... but on the 04-06 there is a cover plate that Eric at speedfreeks racing makes to cover up some exposed cut outs on the hull before you mount the X steering set-up. You don't absolutely need it, however it makes the installation look much better. Your steering wiring harness is going to vary from an 05 model. I had to modify several aspects of my 05 harness to work properly, and to make it look the way I wanted it to when I added the X steering. Steering cable is the same, you will need the X throttle cable though. It's a pretty simple change over... and definitely worth doing!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    You may also need to grind out a little on the front side of the hull where the new X stem protrudes through. I'm not sure with the 07+ RXP steering system... but on the 04-06 there is a cover plate that Eric at speedfreeks racing makes to cover up some exposed cut outs on the hull before you mount the X steering set-up. You don't absolutely need it, however it makes the installation look much better. Your steering wiring harness is going to vary from an 05 model. I had to modify several aspects of my 05 harness to work properly, and to make it look the way I wanted it to when I added the X steering. Steering cable is the same, you will need the X throttle cable though. It's a pretty simple change over... and definitely worth doing!
    07 and up no need to grind only 06, 05, and 04, The 05/05 is a problem with the mode switch that has to be relocate.

Don't forget the X has a longer tunnel and different grate so you might not get the handling you expect.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    Don't forget the X has a longer tunnel and different grate so you might not get the handling you expect.

Crueldude...I'm with bigdaddyrxp on this one. I don't understand. I am just talking about the mount, bars and controls. If I have missed something please let me know.
    Thanks

Thread Information