Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

speedster gas gage

does anyone know how the gas gage works? I think the bars drop once I reach 1/2 a tank but not sure. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john12 View Post
    does anyone know how the gas gage works? I think the bars drop once I reach 1/2 a tank but not sure. Thanks
    Mine is so inaccurate. I once burned 10gals of fuel and it said I still had a full tank.

If I know i'm going to go on a long haul I just use my GPS mileage to determine how far I can go. Under normal conditions a full tank of fuel will get you about 85miles.

Other then that I just learned to always top off before I go out.

Your probably correct with the fuel useage, I ran a 70+ river run and the gauge said empty but the tank still had 3 to 4 gals left in it. And it always reads full for the 1st 20 miles or so.

Tampa SeaDoo Crew TampaSpeedster's Avatar
    It follows the laws of exponential decay where in this graph T=4.5 is essentially a 1/2 tank of fuel:

You lost me on the graph thing. How does your boat run with the x charger and the 42 lb injectors and intake, is that all you have done?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom V View Post
    You lost me on the graph thing. How does your boat run with the x charger and the 42 lb injectors and intake, is that all you have done?
    Haha, I was just joking about how when the gauge reads 1/2 a tank, you really only have about 20% left.

Ya, all I have is Xcharger, intake, 42lb'ers and a prop. The boat runs awesome... wayyyy better than stock - definitely how it should have come from the factory. We recently took a trip and noticed a very slight decrease in fuel usage, this could be due to cruising at a given speed now needs less RPM, and as long as you're not cruising in boost (>6000rpm) that should be more efficient.

Sounds great, I would like to make those changes to my boat also. Did you change the intake grate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom V View Post
    Sounds great, I would like to make those changes to my boat also. Did you change the intake grate.
    I edited my post above, I meant to say I saw a slight DECREASE in fuel usage, probably due to less RPM's needed to cruise at a given MPH -- as long as you're not in boost.

I do have an RXPX intake grate ready to go on, I'm not expecting much though, maybe just some better handling and less cavitation in the chop.

Let me know how it works out, that will be my next item to install.
    Thanks, Tom

so the gas gage,the speedo, and the HR meter are all off how do i no if the RPM are allways working right. is it the same with the 2010 boats?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information