Impeller pitch question

I just bought a Riva intake grate. I am looking at buying a 2* pump wedge a 4" air intake kit filling in the bolt holes and smoothing out the ride plate sealer. My question is, right now I am turning 8080 to 8100 RPMs. I have not GPS'd the speed, but 69 on the speedo and beside my friend with GPS speedo I am running 64 65 wich is about right for an 06 RXT. With the mods I am looking at I am afraid of hitting rev limit. Should I send my stock impeller out for repitch or buy a new impeller? These are all the mods I can see me doing this year, next year or this winter I might go 42 injectors RRFPR and an X charger. I am pretty sure I will have to buy a new prop at that point. Anyway can I get away with repitch? Will I hit Rev limit if I dont repitch (it seems very close now)? Who does repitch and pretty good turn around? Any ideas on how much to repitch or will they know that if I give them what I plan on doing to the ski?

+1
    At 8100 RPM your perfect!! No need to repitch
    Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    I just bought a Riva intake grate. I am looking at buying a 2* pump wedge a 4" air intake kit filling in the bolt holes and smoothing out the ride plate sealer. My question is, right now I am turning 8080 to 8100 RPMs. I have not GPS'd the speed, but 69 on the speedo and beside my friend with GPS speedo I am running 64 65 wich is about right for an 06 RXT. With the mods I am looking at I am afraid of hitting rev limit. Should I send my stock impeller out for repitch or buy a new impeller? These are all the mods I can see me doing this year, next year or this winter I might go 42 injectors RRFPR and an X charger. I am pretty sure I will have to buy a new prop at that point. Anyway can I get away with repitch? Will I hit Rev limit if I dont repitch (it seems very close now)? Who does repitch and pretty good turn around? Any ideas on how much to repitch or will they know that if I give them what I plan on doing to the ski?

Well its at 8100 now stock, but I want to add a 4" air kit a Riva intake grate a 2* pump wedge and clean up the ride plate bolts etc. I think this will bring my RPMs up into the rev limiter. I was wondering what you all thought if it would hit rev limit can I repitch a stock impeller enough to make this setup OK? Or should I buy a new prop after I do the Grate 2* pump wedge, air kit and free mods

Impeller pitch question

Adding the rear intake will net you around 150 more rpm's. You can either add a degree to the trailing edge of your stock prop or buy a stage one riva prop for the rxt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the grate free mods or 2* pump wedge do anything to my RPM's? It sounds like repitching will have to happen because I will be at 8250 and rev limit is hard at 8200 correct?

pitch your stock impeller -and when you get the x-charger and all then start looking for a impeller

Impeller pitch question

Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    Will the grate free mods or 2* pump wedge do anything to my RPM's? It sounds like repitching will have to happen because I will be at 8250 and rev limit is hard at 8200 correct?
    The wedge will bring more of the hull out of the water which equals less resistance and more speed. I would not be suprized if you see more rpm's from the wedge. You are going to have to repitch with the mods you stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information