Removal af stock intercooler ?

Hi.

I bought a XS intercooler and started mounted it but ran into trouble.
    How do you remove the stock intercooler from the intake manifol, I have removed the clamp in the front of the stock intercooler that hold if to the intake manifol and I removed both hoses. I pulled and turned it arround and tried to wiggle it but nothing happens ?
    Any ideas ?

Question no. 2

I am going to replace my carbon ring and support ring in next week. I was thinking of go with the Skak Trak or Riva driveshaft seal kit with the needle bearing instead of the carbon ring. Do any of you guys have tried it ? Possitive or negative ?

+1
    You just gotta keep pulling and twisting, dont be scared. Some just slide out while others are stubborn. You can get a flathead and slightly pry if you need to. Also this is on an RXP right? You will need to loosen the manifold to slide the cooler out completely, because it hits the gas tank.

Also be sure the 2 o-rings are still on the intercooler. If not they came off in the manifold and you want to make sure you remove those.

Yes it is an RXP 06. I didnīt knew it was necessary to loosen the intake manifol ? Aint it easier to disconnect the fuel hoses and rubber straps from the fuel tank and push it forward ?

+1
    I got mine out without removing anything else ... just slid it part way out and carefully pulled/wiggled it out at an angle ... did not need to loosen up intake manifold. Some do, some don't, not sure why ... one of the rubber o-ring gaskets came off and fell into the intake, but I was able to get it out.

+1
    It takes about 15 min to loosen the 6 (I think) screws of the manifold and slide the cooler out. I'm always an ass hair away from having it pulled without doing that but instead of screwing with it I just loosen the manifold. I'm impatient

Okay well I will do another try to get it loosen then, after that I can see if itīs necessary to loosen the intake manifold, but now I am prepared to do this too

I am going to mod my exhaust system to make space to the large intercooler, but still I want it as silent as possibel. I can go with through hull og just remove the resonator and go with free flow. Is there a big different in nois of these two systems ?

+1
    Free flow is cheap and easy but has a drone at 3-4k RPM that some people hate, I actually like it . Thru-hull is more expensive and invovled to install but sounds great and doesnt drone.

Okay maybe I think is has a drone at these low rpms is because the exhaust exit is still under water or ?
    But with more RPMīs like 5000 and over wonīt the both systems be just noisy ?

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP rider View Post
    Hi.

I bought a XS intercooler and started mounted it but ran into trouble.
    How do you remove the stock intercooler from the intake manifol, I have removed the clamp in the front of the stock intercooler that hold if to the intake manifol and I removed both hoses. I pulled and turned it arround and tried to wiggle it but nothing happens ?
    Any ideas ?

Question no. 2

I am going to replace my carbon ring and support ring in next week. I was thinking of go with the Skak Trak or Riva driveshaft seal kit with the needle bearing instead of the carbon ring. Do any of you guys have tried it ? Possitive or negative ?
    In regards to question 2. Tons of negative and positive. I changed mine to the skat trac seal I bought from on line store about 2 years ago. If you do the following you will be satisfied, if you don't then you could sink your ski....

*Grease seal AFTER every ride
    *check periodically for leaks, at some point the seals will let air/water in, but you should change long before bearings get rusted and seizes. They call it PM(preventative maintenace)
    *Skat trac seal is NOT a long term no maintenance item, but so far I am pleased. I might get a bilge just for safety this year

Thread Information