Arrow Question about PWC license/course

I need some help, I took a pwc safety course yearrsss ago..I got the little white and black card and it's now in 2 pieces (laminating seperated) and some of the writing is coming off and now I lost it somewhere in my house. I would rather just get a whole new one, but rather not go through the whole test taking and pay the $$ for the course. Can I go to DMV and get a replacement or does a different branch do the stuff for pwc license? and would they be able to look me up in a system or would I be SOL without my old one and have to go through the course again? If so is there a place I can take it online and print it out? BOATUS.com used to be able to do it but idk if it got stricker since then...
    Thanks

Each state is different. What state do you live in?

+1
    i know in livingston county, new york you go threw where yougotyourlicanceand they should be able to find you if you know the date when you took it...

+1
    if you live in ny call them up they will tell you your license number and you print out a application for a new license and your all set to go .

here is the web page with the number of who to call.

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/recreation/boating/

and here is the application for a new license.

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/recreati...ertificate.pdf

I live in NJ...I got it during a free summer class way back in intermediate school....The whole test was given by a state trooper.

I have a "certificate" I got from BOATUS.com which is legit in some states but NJ is strict and just looked up and see it's not good enough and need a classroom test.

I'm gonna go to DMV and try and get a duplicate, I called DMV and they said I just need to fill out a duplicate form but I have a feeling it's not going to be that easy

+1

Question about PWC license/course

Quote Originally Posted by MilleniumGPR View Post
    I live in NJ...I got it during a free summer class way back in intermediate school....The whole test was given by a state trooper.

I have a "certificate" I got from BOATUS.com which is legit in some states but NJ is strict and just looked up and see it's not good enough and need a classroom test.

I'm gonna go to DMV and try and get a duplicate, I called DMV and they said I just need to fill out a duplicate form but I have a feeling it's not going to be that easy
    The cards are issues by the state police. They will send you a replacement card. You need to fax or email them a letter asking for a new card and a copy of your drivers license.

Check out this website and scroll down. It will give you the details on how to get it done. Takes about 2 weeks.

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/maritime/faq.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fenn View Post
    The cards are issues by the state police. They will send you a replacement card. You need to fax or email them a letter asking for a new card and a copy of your drivers license.

Check out this website and scroll down. It will give you the details on how to get it done. Takes about 2 weeks.

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/maritime/faq.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Fenn, I just found out the same when I went to DMV, they gave me a sheet of paper with a phone number..called em and basically said to go on the website....

Will be emailing them for a replacement asap...

Thanks all

Thread Information