Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Location of VTS Fuses

I looked over the how to for the VTS and the first step was replacing the 7.5 and/or 5.0 amp fuses, but it doesn't say where they are. Can anyone help me out with this?

+1
    It is one of the fuse holders in the rear E-box on the GSX and on the MPEM on the XP (assuming you meant the boats you list in your sig since you did not specify).

Yeah Krunchov, sorry about that. The XP is fine, it's the GSX that has the bad VTS. Thanks for the info.

+1
    NP

Hey Krunchov. Two things. I took the top off the box next to the battery, the black one with some wires coming out of a boot on the top, and didn't see any fuses in there. Was that the right box and I'm just not seeing the fuses?

Also, I can now not get the cover to snap back on. I just can't compresss the gasket enough to get the two side clips to engage. Any trick to that one?

Quote Originally Posted by TNDragon View Post
    Hey Krunchov. Two things. I took the top off the box next to the battery, the black one with some wires coming out of a boot on the top, and didn't see any fuses in there. Was that the right box and I'm just not seeing the fuses?

Also, I can now not get the cover to snap back on. I just can't compresss the gasket enough to get the two side clips to engage. Any trick to that one?
    The fuses are in 2 black holders on the side board. They look like wire connectors, but they actually hold fuses.

I had the same issue getting mine back on on my XP. Take the gasket out, slip it around the box and then push the lid on. You have to push pretty damn hard too.

Yeah, I saw those and thought that they were wire connectors. Thanks kb. I'll take the gasket off and put it on the box and try that too.

i have a 99 gsx rfi i got water in the engine bay last week ( like half full) now my vts wont move. i cant find the fuses. do you look in the rear electical box? my fuses are 20 amp and i loked it up and thats rite. or do i look in the vts black box? i hear about 7.5 amd 5 amp fuses but i cant find them

+1
    kbarrett said it, they are in those fuse holders.

Put the box seal on the box and put a little silicone spray on it to make it slick. Make sure the tabs on the lid do not slip under the seal (a common mistake on those).

So I found the fuses. 7.5 was blown. Put new one in. The VTS went down, but wouldn't go back up. That presents me with two problems.

I checked the VTS Analysis paper and no where does it give a question about what to do if it is stuck up or down. It does however, say not to leave it in the all the way up or down position as it might get stuck.

What would you guys recommend as my next course of action?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information