FXHO running rough at idle

Took my '07 FXHO out for the first time yesterday. I winterized it myself, fogged the engine, filled the tank, fuel stabilizer, Covered it, etc. Charged and put the battery back in and she fired right up at the lake. Let it run at 5-10MPH for the first 15-20 minutes, then 2-30 mph for the next 10-15 minutes. Opened it up a bit after that and it seems to run fine except at idle speed. Doesn't sound serious but I am experiencing a little more "knocking" or "a slight "miss" at idle that I don't remember from last year. Could it be the fuel stabilizer or possibly a little moisture built up in the tank or lines working it's way out? Any feedback is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bldguy65 View Post
    Took my '07 FXHO out for the first time yesterday. I winterized it myself, fogged the engine, filled the tank, fuel stabilizer, Covered it, etc. Charged and put the battery back in and she fired right up at the lake. Let it run at 5-10MPH for the first 15-20 minutes, then 2-30 mph for the next 10-15 minutes. Opened it up a bit after that and it seems to run fine except at idle speed. Doesn't sound serious but I am experiencing a little more "knocking" or "a slight "miss" at idle that I don't remember from last year. Could it be the fuel stabilizer or possibly a little moisture built up in the tank or lines working it's way out? Any feedback is appreciated.
    I posted about the same issue with my 2008 FX HO, I'm gonna check my air intake and plugs this weekend. I'll let you know what I findout..

+1
    Sounds like you have an air bypass motor hose off!

If that is not the issue, then change the plugs!

+1
    It seems these things like to have new plugs often. It should fix you issues, just shop around the prices for those things vary usually.

still rough at idle

I checked for loose air bypass motor hose as well as the rest of the hoses, clamps,air filter, etc. and she's clean as a whistle. It's got to be the plugs. I took it out again today and same thing. Really rough and missing a little at start/idle, but if you even rev it up to 5-6 mph it evens out. Faster than that and she runs like a champ.

I've never pulled the plugs on this thing, is it hard? Also, I've only got 47 hrs on it, when do you guys change your oil?

+1
    Plugs are relatively easy to change......... as always will point you to RD & Franks excellent details......just click on the link & scroll down the page.

http://www.fullwavemarine.com/TIPS%2...AHA%20PWC.html

My oil gets changed every 30-35 hrs. The manual calls for yearly or 100 hrs, but changing more regularly seems to help protect against high oil consumption when you start getting higher hours on the motor.

Thread Information