+1

Just my luck. Lost a part in the bilge...

I was changing out the spark plugs on my brother's 06 GTX SC and in order to do so, I disconnected the wires from the spark plug boot. Inside this connection, there is an orange gasket which appears to keep the water out. Well, with my luck, that launched out of the plug and I have no idea where it went, but it certainly went inside the hull. I tried to use water to "flood" the hull and wash the gasket to an area where I could see it. That didn't work. My local dealer has no idea what I am talking about. Has this happened to anyone and where did they get the replacement gasket that probably costs 50 cents, rather than replacing the entire electrical harness to the tune of $550.00. I tried to look at the on-line parts diagrams but no luck and have no idea on a part number Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by govenatorx View Post
    I was changing out the spark plugs on my brother's 06 GTX SC and in order to do so, I disconnected the wires from the spark plug boot. Inside this connection, there is an orange gasket which appears to keep the water out. Well, with my luck, that launched out of the plug and I have no idea where it went, but it certainly went inside the hull. I tried to use water to "flood" the hull and wash the gasket to an area where I could see it. That didn't work. My local dealer has no idea what I am talking about. Has this happened to anyone and where did they get the replacement gasket that probably costs 50 cents, rather than replacing the entire electrical harness to the tune of $550.00. I tried to look at the on-line parts diagrams but no luck and have no idea on a part number Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

yep the same happend to me ... i lost the little gasket and i rode like that the whole summer and then when i changed the spark plug boot it came with it ... but the dealer should have that

+1
    i rode without one of those for a ages...didn't effect anything.
    I didn't even know it was missing till i found it in the back of my hull.

if you stand the ski up on the trailer, tilting the back to the ground and flood with water it should wash back.

+1
    Thanks for the input. I called a local dealer and they had no clue, but said that the part would come with the $550.00 wiring harness. I hung up on them. I called another dealer and they had a spare from an old harness they took off another ski. That part was free. Thanks again.

Thread Information