Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

WTF! just bought a 12f rode awesome, turned off, now wont start!

alright well i filled the tank with 5 gal of premium in my newly purchased 05 stx 12f, got it on the river, and went off, let it warm up a bit, then went through no wake zone and off i went. at first was a little boggy off the line but the longer i rode the better the ski got, and the more i was in love. so we pull over shut the ski down my buddy gets on it starts to rip it around def putting it through its paces but not beating the crap out of it, shut it down for a few then my cousin takes it for a ten min spin goes up and down comes back shuts it down. so we sit around for a few, i go to get on and take off and it just keeps turning over but no start, tried partial to full throttle NOTHING not even a sputter WTF! pulled the plugs they look good, got spark, i am guessing no fuel. cant really tell if the fuel pump is going either.NEED HELP guys... is the fuel filter glogged? is their something i dont know about? the motor was very hot but i got no beeps warning nothing. long weekend is here and i have a floating weight! please tell me what i can do

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    check the fuel lines, I had one come loose on my 12f and it wouldnt run, then check the fuel pump for proper pressure, and then change the fuel filter

Sean

+1
    They do have an issue with the 15f that does this very thing. Usually after a while they will start. I don't know what causes it but it just happens once in a while. Hopefully yours will start now that it has cooled off.

+1
    an issue ? i understand waiting a little but i was stranded for 3 hours almost and juiced 3 batteries.

can someone tell me what the fuel pump is suppose to put out for voltage or what not?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 98gsxl951 View Post
    an issue ? i understand waiting a little but i was stranded for 3 hours almost and juiced 3 batteries.

can someone tell me what the fuel pump is suppose to put out for voltage or what not?
    I'm not sure about the voltage, but one thing you could do is open the front storage compartment , while listening for a slight buz from the pump , turn the ignition to the on position. you should hear a buzz that will last maybe a 1/2 second.

Another thing could be old stale fuel. Fuel leak maybe?? trash in the fuel sock .. aka filter. you should be able to hear the injectors "click" when the ignition is turned to the on position as well. I haven't heard of many vapor locking but i would think it could be possible.

+1
    i dont remembering hearing anything at all.... i will take a listen today when i get out of work and put battery in. i put 4 new gallons of 93 in on top of the old gas. how do i check if the injectors are working correctly or their is pressure in the fuel system?

I would still try removing all old fuel, and replace with new, and change plugs, as i suggested in the other thread. At least then you can rule out those simple things. also check into fuel pressure. you will need a service manual if doing these things yourself.

+1
    i got a manual for the 15f but not 12f..... plugs when pulled looked fairly new, color was consistent for all four (light brown), having a tough time finding cr9eix's around my area though. i will pull all the fuel, and check out the fuel pump, pickup, and filter when i get home. hopefully its something stupid.

+1
    well just got home, put the battery in, turned on power, didnt hear anythign from fuel pump or injectors, pressed the start button, and WALLA the things starts right up wtf.......................... now i am stumped and worried that everytime i go out the thing is going to not start for me once it gets warm ....... is it ok to spray starting fluid in it?
    ideas?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

sounds like phase seperation

fill that bad boy up with some hitest pump gas, go run it around and when you get down to half fill it again. Or you can pump the tank totally dry and fill it up with fresh juice too.

Sounds like classic ethanol phase separation to me...your engine won't start on a mix of ethanol and water

after it's sat for a bit it all settled down to the bottom of the tank, so the pickup was able to get some straight fuel and of course, an instant start up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information