Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Help... down on speed with r2 reflash

mods are r2 reflash/powershot,b1 wheel,13/23 prop,riva intercooler and riva cooling kit,bov,modded stock plate,intake grate,free flow exhaust,air intake etc..
    well the other day it was 68 degrees i did 80.7mph on the seat gps at 8480rpm according to pet tach today 90+ degrees i am down to 8150-8200rpm and i am at 77mph also at the 4-5 setting on the powershot which is where r&d keeps it for r2 reflash i am at 11.2 afr where i see most people are at 12.0 or leaner i bumped it to the 3 setting on the programmer and gained alittle and my afr was at 11.8 should i repitch the prop to gain the rpms back?should i lose that much rpms with the heat?

my ski same your mods and am getting only 75 gps ,that with C3 wheel
    its around 90+ degree
    Last edited by silvertaws6; 05-27-2010 at 01:24 AM. Reason: add

+1
    74.6GPS with the R2 and in the process of depitch. My RPM's were 8000-8050. Target RPM's that I would like to see are around 8400-8500. RPM's in my opinion are paramount! Mine is running with a 13/24 Skat for the record. (not verified but I'm guessing thats close to right, and if not maybe it's a 13/25)

I'm pretty sure I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm throwing the stock prop on just to see my RPM's go past where I need them before I do anything. For guessing purposes I'm thinking a 14/22 or 14/21 will serve me better. I will for sure be sending out some PM's with my stock numbers for the experts to chime in with.

FZS-T
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    mods are r2 reflash/powershot,b1 wheel,13/23 prop,riva intercooler and riva cooling kit,bov,modded stock plate,intake grate,free flow exhaust,air intake etc..
    well the other day it was 68 degrees i did 80.7mph on the seat gps at 8480rpm according to pet tach today 90+ degrees i am down to 8150-8200rpm and i am at 77mph also at the 4-5 setting on the powershot which is where r&d keeps it for r2 reflash i am at 11.2 afr where i see most people are at 12.0 or leaner i bumped it to the 3 setting on the programmer and gained alittle and my afr was at 11.8 should i repitch the prop to gain the rpms back?should i lose that much rpms with the heat?

+1 name to this decease its called Heat soak!...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EGGonz View Post
    +1 name to this decease its called Heat soak!...
    yea..i didnt think i would lose that much but i went out this morning to do some testing.... 75 degrees 8280 rpms 3/4 fuel 78mph in the 4-5 setting on the powershot 11.5 afr at the 3 setting 11.9 afr did anyone else have to go down on the powershot to find proper afr?seems the weather has alot of impact on the rpms and afr i did my testing of a lm1 i think im going to get a dynotune guage so i can always check .now im going to have to get my prop repitched to get my rpms back

+1
    In my opinion, its ALL about the weather.
    I can fluctuate from 8550 to 8200 depending on weather conditions.
    With this said, I'm wondering if changing the nozzle ring from a 83mm to something larger would help offset the lower RPM's due to "poorer" weather conditions (humidity, barometric pressure, cloud cover, Air temp, etc), and retain higher top speeds? It sure would be easier than having to change props to accomodate the weather. I'm just wondering if you would gain the speed back with a larger nozzle and the higher RPM's? or am I off base here?
    I know for me 8500+ rpm's = 82+

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    In my opinion, its ALL about the weather.
    I can fluctuate from 8550 to 8200 depending on weather conditions.
    With this said, I'm wondering if changing the nozzle ring from a 83mm to something larger would help offset the lower RPM's due to "poorer" weather conditions (humidity, barometric pressure, cloud cover, Air temp, etc), and retain higher top speeds? It sure would be easier than having to change props to accomodate the weather. I'm just wondering if you would gain the speed back with a larger nozzle and the higher RPM's? or am I off base here?
    I know for me 8500+ rpm's = 82+
    exactly,would be alot easier to change the ring sizes maybe the riva setup? but how much rpm do u get out of changing each ring size and will u gain the speed like u would if u repitched the prop

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    exactly,would be alot easier to change the ring sizes maybe the riva setup? but how much rpm do u get out of changing each ring size and will u gain the speed like u would if u repitched the prop
    Exactly my question.
    I have the Riva adjustable nozzle so I could do it. I just wondered what others thought.
    Gordon? I know you're running a 86mm ring, yes? or was it 85mm?

+1
    lots of used 85 mm and 87 mm GPR nozzles around

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    lots of used 85 mm and 87 mm GPR nozzles around
    exactly

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information