+1

RXP fault codes. Need Help

I was at the lake running the ski on trailer, then it shut off. tried turning it back on but was just turning over. i was going to check the fault codes when the cluster goes blank and i have no power any more. battery is BRAND NEW i put the lanyard in and all i here is a click on the MPEM. and the fuel pump isnt kicking in. i connected the ski to buds today and the codes i got were P1511 P1517 P1607 P1681 P1682, the first two codes i got them cleared. i looked at the shop manual and its telling me on code P1607 that the MPEM is damaged and there is no serivce action available. please help i looked through all the fuses and they are all good. i was hoping to ride this weekend.

P.S. Sorry for the long post, couldnt fine a way to make it shorter.

thanks
    mannie

What Ski is it?

+1
    Sorry it's an 04 rxp.

It is the MPEM problem you say, which says it is stuffed internally, usually a checksum error causes this. Generally, un-plugging while power is on the ski, and not waiting 15 seconds or so before un-plugging it.

You could be lucky, and just have a bad connection on the 2 wires for the CAN-BUS. white with red stripe, and white with black stripe is the norm colors

Guess you may be looking for a replacement under the circumstances, or at least to prove the problem.

Sorry to have to confirm the problem, but at least you have some idea of a way forward with it.

+1
    I know you said you checked all the fuses but did you check the 2 on the side of the mpem by the starter silenoid? Very common on the 04-05s for them lose good contact and cause what you are stating. Actually that clicking sound you are hearing is likely coming from the fuse arching. Pull those fuses and look for burn marks even if the fuse isn't blown.

Good point.

Another click you may hear comes from the front of the engine, the TOPS valve, the cylindrical shaped thing wit a connector going to it. Do you hear this?. If so, the ECM is talking to the rest of the ski for start-up sequence.

I wondered if the A to B cable connector is loose at all. The 4 pin grey connector at the engine front. This is the connector that connects the engine wiring loom to the rest of the ski. Usually found close to the inlet top at the front of the engine.

Unfortunately difficult to describe it, but this is the one that will communicate with the MPEM and ECM, and it is possible this could have water in it, causing all the odd codes combined with condemming the MPEM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I know you said you checked all the fuses but did you check the 2 on the side of the mpem by the starter silenoid? Very common on the 04-05s for them lose good contact and cause what you are stating. Actually that clicking sound you are hearing is likely coming from the fuse arching. Pull those fuses and look for burn marks even if the fuse isn't blown.

i pulled both fuses i had to replace one. but still have the same problem. nothing but the clicking noise from the MPEM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Richieb View Post
    Good point.

Another click you may hear comes from the front of the engine, the TOPS valve, the cylindrical shaped thing wit a connector going to it. Do you hear this?. If so, the ECM is talking to the rest of the ski for start-up sequence.

no i dont hear that click only from the mpem.

I wondered if the A to B cable connector is loose at all. The 4 pin grey connector at the engine front. This is the connector that connects the engine wiring loom to the rest of the ski. Usually found close to the inlet top at the front of the engine.

everything is hooked up. notihng loose. i took out the whole wire harness last night to clean it out, but still doing the same thing.

Unfortunately difficult to describe it, but this is the one that will communicate with the MPEM and ECM, and it is possible this could have water in it, causing all the odd codes combined with condemming the MPEM.
    can i use an mpem from an 06 rxp? i have an 06 and wanted to test it out and c that in fact it is the mpem before i go buy a new one.

Thread Information