Why are the Sea-Doo covers so ugly!

At least in my opinion, the cover they offer for the 2010 RXT-IS is not cool looking at all. It may serve its intended purpose but its nothing to look at.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by drober30 View Post
    At least in my opinion, the cover they offer for the 2010 RXT-IS is not cool looking at all. It may serve its intended purpose but its nothing to look at.
    Just put a tarp over it!

Just kidding man... I think they're pretty good (not sexy looking or anything) but they're just covers. I find that my 2009 RXT iS cover looks decent and does a great job of keeping my Seadoo covered during the cold winter months and also during my long hauls, it keeps rocks and road grime from getting on my plastics and seats and stuff. I was afraid of it flying off at high speeds, but at 100 KMH (60MPH +), the thing stays put when towing.

It's supposed to take on the shape of your machine and keep a snug fit... What did you want it to look like? Pretty much all covers are like that from what I've seen. I haven't seen any other alternatives anywhere, and getting something custom-made would probably be A) expensive and B) wouldn't do as good a job as the original cover. Just my 2 cents.

I heard covers do more damage then good, while towing... i never tow with a cover...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronk56 View Post
    I heard covers do more damage then good, while towing... i never tow with a cover...
    Yes, that might be right for some covers. I've posted this elsewhere, but will say it again...

The RXT IS covers from Sea-Doo I find are very good quality. By this, I'm talking about the over quality and fit AND also, the parts on the INSIDE of the cover, particularly where it touches the plastics/body) are lined with what appears to be a soft cotton-like material. This prevents the cover from scratching the plastics and taking off the shine (like sandpaper) when you're towing due to the wind.

I can't speak for every PWC cover, but that's how the RXT-IS covers are, at least mine.

been around the block Stagesrt4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronk56 View Post
    yes bad for cover and ski

acts as sand paper on ski

also the constant flapping around puts wear on the cover as well.

unless the cover fits extremly tight, then i wouldnt tow with it

I had the older XP's years ago... maybe they were 96 model year. All yellow with some purplish graphics. I thought I remember those covers being more stylish?

Anyways, I have been snowmobiling for the last ten years or so and the covers they sell for the sleds usually contain colors and some catchy graphics.

The cover for the Wake Pro and RXP has some color/graphics to it.

The PWCs look great, my Triton WC2-2 will look great with the upgraded rims and I thought having some attractive covers would be nice to.

As far as the towing with covers... I towed my old one with covers but I think I used a towel underneath over the handlebars as added protection. They were the covers with the purple plastic vents that allowed air to escape when towing.

Did I mention I almost had a heart attack when I found out the one boat went for $14,999 MSRP!

I paid $12,600 OTD for two XPs and a dual Shorlander back in 1996.

+1
    I have an 04 GTX LTD..(cover looks like new..nice colors) The cover fits like a glove. It has a very soft interior lining and does not scratch the finish. I keep it on while on the lift. When traveling (depending on the weather)..On when there is crappy weather...Off when it nice out. For winter storage.. OFF.. with seats removed .I am fortunate to have a big garage.

My 2 cts.

Cheers
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Booner76 View Post
    I have an 04 GTX LTD..(cover looks like new..nice colors) The cover fits like a glove. It has a very soft interior lining and does not scratch the finish. I keep it on while on the lift. When traveling (depending on the weather)..On when there is crappy weather...Off when it nice out. For winter storage.. OFF.. with seats removed .I am fortunate to have a big garage.

My 2 cts.

Cheers
    Bill
    I had (just traded) a 6 year old 2004 SC. Trailered 2X/year (out to the lake at the beginning of the season, back at the end). I didn't see any wear on the black cowl portion and while parked for months in the sun the only thing that faded was the cover.

Thread Information