Taller Rider Need Advice on New PWC

I am 6'7" and am looking to upgrade our 1996 GSX, we have a 08 STX-15F as well but the riding position is not the best, if I do not have my legs straight out and me sitting in basically the number 2 pass spot, my knees can interfere with the steering.

I am looking at a 09 RXP or a 08 RXP-X, how do you feel the riding position will be for those?? Or should I stick with a three pass? I really would like to have the nimble cornering and such of the smaller RXP but not if it is going to be cramped.

The other problem I have is alot of the seats on the 3-pass models are contoured where I am not sure they woudl be comfortable either.

Any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by OpenSkyz View Post
    I am 6'7" and am looking to upgrade our 1996 GSX, we have a 08 STX-15F as well but the riding position is not the best, if I do not have my legs straight out and me sitting in basically the number 2 pass spot, my knees can interfere with the steering.

I am looking at a 09 RXP or a 08 RXP-X, how do you feel the riding position will be for those?? Or should I stick with a three pass? I really would like to have the nimble cornering and such of the smaller RXP but not if it is going to be cramped.

The other problem I have is alot of the seats on the 3-pass models are contoured where I am not sure they woudl be comfortable either.

Any suggestions??
    Im 6'4 and hope to pick up a 2010 rxpx within a few days. I felt comfortable sitting on it ,but everyone is different. Take a look online with some of the aftermarket seats. It may help you, GL

Think about a replacement seat cover from Jet Trim. You should be able to get one with an extra 1/2" of padding. Not much for a 6'7" rider but they also may offer one for the 3 seater with no hump.

+1
    RXPX is a nice option because of the adjustable steering. I'm only 6'2" but have plenty of room. Are you located in florida?

I am 6 foot 8. I have a 05 RXT that I am quite comfortable riding. A buddy of mine has a 07 RXP, that I have taken for a ride and it is also a pretty comfy ride. Although I dont know how I would feel about riding it all day. Hope this helps. Good Luck

+1
    The RXP and Kawi ST hulls (12f, 15f, stx)are approx same length. You will definately feel better on the RXP type top deck. Steering adjustments help too.

Nothing helps on the st top decks. They are tight for someone over 5'10", especially if you ride aggressively. I'm only 6'2" and really have to wedge myself under the bars on them. They just aren't for tall riders.

I'm 6"4" and would like a little more seat height on my RXP-X. Maybe I'll get a thicker seat cover if the wife lets me.

Thread Information