Thread: Turtle Wax Ice

+1

Thumbs up Turtle Wax Ice

Just got finished using this stuff for the first time. Dont know how well it will hold up but, I really like what it has done for all the black plastic trim on my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Just got finished using this stuff for the first time. Dont know how well it will hold up but, I really like what it has done for all the black plastic trim on my truck.
    troy, to be honest with you: I got caught up in all the hype with this synth wax was supposed to do.
    IMHO, although it does make the water bead more than simply roll off or sheet. it does allow the rain drops to sit on the paint and cook...
    I have been using the ice wash and wax, I`m not impressed so far... when first done it looks great, after a few washes, it looks like it isn`t even there...
    I don`t recommend it for a black car...

I still like the Maguire`s or Mothers products better for average waxes...

+1
    Thanks for the info. Yea my truck sits outside so the water sitting thing aint so good. The stuff really seems to have brought the black plastic back to life. Any input on how it holds up on that stuff, gotta last longer than Armour All.

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Thanks for the info. Yea my truck sits outside so the water sitting thing aint so good. The stuff really seems to have brought the black plastic back to life. Any input on how it holds up on that stuff, gotta last longer than Armour All.
    dood that`s tough one, most of that stuff is silicones and synthetic polymers.
    bumper black, same deal... was your plastics sun faded?

believe it or not Plexus looks damn good, for giggles try that...

Dash clear plastic bezels, I use to use connoisseur`s choice for the plastic, then used a silicone cleaner for window tint (good sh-t), now I tried plexus and it shows less swirls and scratches...

+1
    Sun faded a little. I used the bumper black years ago and was not to impressed, maybe better now. Armour All makes them pop, but does not last long. May have to give Plexus a try. I bought the truck 3 years ago this month and once a year I give it a real good going over. It still looks new, just always looking for something to help keep it looking good.

Thread Information