Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Chargers

  1. #1
    toilets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lake Norman NC
    Posts
    193

    Chargers

    Hello everyone,

    Is there a "bigger" charger that I can use rather than the x-charger and not have to change my injectors from 42s?

    I guess what I'm getting at is what is the biggest charger I can use on a stock ecu and not have to use a regulator. I wouldn't mind going to 48s if needed but would like to avoid a regulator and a new ecu at all costs.

    Or is the x-charger my best bet?

    Thanks everyone

    Mods that would maybe affect the outcome is 4inch intake, prop and NO external intercooler


  2. #2
    Doel Tiburon1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,343
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by toilets View Post
    Hello everyone,

    Is there a "bigger" charger that I can use rather than the x-charger and not have to change my injectors from 42s?

    I guess what I'm getting at is what is the biggest charger I can use on a stock ecu and not have to use a regulator. I wouldn't mind going to 48s if needed but would like to avoid a regulator and a new ecu at all costs.

    Or is the x-charger my best bet?

    Thanks everyone

    Mods that would maybe affect the outcome is 4inch intake, prop and NO external intercooler
    Why you holding back......pull the trigger go big and forget about it.

  3. #3
    formerly Gold06RXP Turbo Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    2,095
    +1
    97
    Agree dont take short cuts. Get a regulator and an AF aguge. Its easy to use
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    Why you holding back......pull the trigger go big and forget about it.

  4. #4
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    Agree dont take short cuts. Get a regulator and an AF aguge. Its easy to use
    +1 If you are going to do it go ahead and do it right bro.

  5. #5
    ABSOF*CKINLUTELY enjoisht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    148
    monster c3 is a "drop in" 30hp wheel for the stock 215 charger and comes with a gasket to space out the housing for the larger wheel.... check my mods... my ski runs GREAT just like it is...i installed the wheel myself it was a peice of cake.... NO external i/c NO injectors NO ecu... all stock.. runs perfect

    Here's a link!
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=915

  6. #6
    Sea-Yaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    290
    +1
    7
    Once over 9-10psi, your going to have to get some kind of fuel reg...so you can get any charger that is less than 9-10psi

  7. #7
    blowbyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    635

    Chargers

    Stick with the xcharger. It's the best for the money. Then get you a riva ecu, 50lb injectors, retainers, and external intercooler and you will be 80 plus.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,879
    +1
    116
    Read my sig C3 charger im seeing a solid 10psi...

  9. #9
    IMO: if you are gonna go bigger than a proven stock setup which in this case would be the x-charger setup then it would be wisest to get a regulator and tune the air fuels. If you wanna go fast its best to be safe.

  10. #10
    blowbyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by toilets View Post

    Or is the x-charger my best bet?
    It's the largest you can go with the 42's.

    Keep it and go open loop with the riva ride plate and you should see 77-78

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. NYPD Gets 15 HEMI Chargers
    By Shibby1485 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 09:11 AM
  2. A really good battery charger/maintainer for our Seadoos
    By Jeff C in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 08:00 PM
  3. Charger Torque Specs Help
    By SpeedStang95 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2005, 04:51 PM
  4. Removing Super Charger
    By wwalker in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 01:36 PM
  5. Frustrated With Super Charger
    By Cutter in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 12:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •