Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

07 Ultra LX - Hoses melting HELP!!

Need expert advice! The 2 hoses that come out of the top of the engine and then split to a 3rd hose (looks like it goes to exhaust) are causing the "t" connector to melt. I replaced it and it melted again! I was told that something could be clogged. see image below...

the ski is running great aside from the above issue. Thanks in advance!

you may want to have this moved to the kawi performance section to get more answers, but I think you can block off those ports, but the hoses get re routed? . Someone with an 07 chime in here.
    In 08 they are blocked off from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    you may want to have this moved to the kawi performance section to get more answers, but I think you can block off those ports, but the hoses get re routed? . Someone with an 07 chime in here.
    In 08 they are blocked off from the factory.
    Thanks for the response! What exactly are these hoses? From what I understand it's the airflow going to exhaust? the one hose that comes out from the bottom of the "T" goes to the box in the rear. Im trying to avoid bringing it to kawasaki as its at the marina and its a real mission to get it out of the water and down to the shop. Thanks for all your help!

Here you go. This is what you need.
    Type in Green Hulk coupon code for 10 percent off the price.

Its basically emmisions stuff, routing gasses.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=523

Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    Here you go. This is what you need.
    Type in Green Hulk coupon code for 10 percent off the price.

Its basically emmisions stuff, routing gasses.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=523
    thanks red08! i'd like to order this, i have a few concerns. Is this going to void my warranty? If so, can I reverse it by putting back the stock parts if i need to get service done? Being that the plastic connector got so hot and kept melting, should I be worried about simply blocking these ports? If i block off the top, what happens to the 3rd hose that goes to the exhaust?

also, the product info says "Valve Cover Block-off Kit is designed to seal off the ports on the valve cover when removing the emission control system for racing applications." does this mean I can only install it providing i've removed the emission control system? or am I removing it by blocking the ports?

THANK YOU AGAIN! These forums are really great.
    Last edited by Jon6683; 05-28-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Added more info.

I blocked it off on my wife ski. My 08 it was aready blocked off so I was thinking it would be ok on hers.
    The third hose you are talking about is going to you air box not the exhaust.
    Just keep your stock stuff to put back on when going to dealer if you are worried about it. I really don't see them giving you a hard time about it.

I dont know anymore about it. Try searching at the top.
    Also posting 250/260 questions in the kawi performance section will get you more answers.

Quote Originally Posted by DW250X View Post
    I blocked it off on my wife ski. My 08 it was aready blocked off so I was thinking it would be ok on hers.
    The third hose you are talking about is going to you air box not the exhaust.
    Just keep your stock stuff to put back on when going to dealer if you are worried about it. I really don't see them giving you a hard time about it.
    the hose going to the air box (in the back) can i remove it? or just clamp it? i'm assuming nothing will be going thru there then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon6683 View Post
    the hose going to the air box (in the back) can i remove it? or just clamp it? i'm assuming nothing will be going thru there then.
    What I did was removed the hose all together. It's not going to hurt anything having that 1/2 opening open because the air filter is still after that openning.

Quote Originally Posted by DW250X View Post
    What I did was removed the hose all together. It's not going to hurt anything having that 1/2 opening open because the air filter is still after that openning.
    I placed the order. Thank you guys for all your help, if you were all local i'd buy you some beers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information