Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

ECU and mod choice.

Ok, so i'm in the market for an ECU and wanted to know what are the differences between the Riva, Rotax and Les Cook ECU's with 8650 Rev Limiter.

I have a 2006 rxp with X Charger, 42's, XS Intercooler at the moment but eventually I'm going to go with a turbo setup in a few months.

I Will be also getting the Les Cook Retainers and in the market for an RRFPR but I am also unsure which to get/ which is the best one.

So considering that I'm running an X setup and eventually will be going to a turbo setup, which ECU and RRFPR would you all recommend?

Banned User
    +1
    your going to really limit yourself if all you plan on is retainers, to spin some real rpm and be safe you need the full valve train upgrade!

from there how high do you want to rev? 8650, 8800, 9000, 9200????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    your going to really limit yourself if all you plan on is retainers, to spin some real rpm and be safe you need the full valve train upgrade!

from there how high do you want to rev? 8650, 8800, 9000, 9200????
    Sorry I forgot to mention, I wanted the 8650 ECU. Shouldn't I be safe to spin 8600 RPMS with just the Retainers?

Banned User
    +1
    some would say yes. me personally i would just do the upgrade and never worry about it again. you sig says its a 2006ish ski i'd assume your springs are tired anyway..... but to each his own.

rivas 8650 ecu is mapped for 50's. go w/ that and their rrfpr and you should be set. dont get me wrong i have no turbo expierence but am a fan of riva stuff. easy/safe to use and install... and they dont pay me to say that hahaha.

are you doing a custom turbo set-up (as if they aren't all pretty custom) or a kit from malvin?? kee us posted on your build!!!

+1
    some would say yes. me personally i would just do the upgrade and never worry about it again. you sig says its a 2006ish ski i'd assume your springs are tired anyway..... but to each his own.

rivas 8650 ecu is mapped for 50's. go w/ that and their rrfpr and you should be set. dont get me wrong i have no turbo expierence but am a fan of riva stuff. easy/safe to use and install... and they dont pay me to say that hahaha.

are you doing a custom turbo set-up (as if they aren't all pretty custom) or a kit from malvin?? kee us posted on your build!!!
    Yeah, I was going to go with the 50's And what's this I hear about all the time about the Turbosmart RRFPR people saying AKA Riva RRFPR...is it really the same? Or similar?

And about the turbo, I'm going to make my own custom setup i'm just deciding which turbo to get and I think finally i'm going to go with a GT2876R. I will make a thread once I start the project with pics and such.

Banned User
    +1
    i think its more along the lines of turbosmart=rude rrfpr and from what i understand they dont consistantly rise at 1:1. to me, riva's rrfpr looks like an aeromotive style but i had a turbosmart/rude before that came out. i use my turbosmart/rude w/ the begi so i don't have THAT issue hahaha

+1
    i think its more along the lines of turbosmart=rude rrfpr and from what i understand they dont consistantly rise at 1:1. to me, riva's rrfpr looks like an aeromotive style but i had a turbosmart/rude before that came out. i use my turbosmart/rude w/ the begi so i don't have THAT issue hahaha
    Ahh, you are right, people do say Turbosmart=rude...I'm not going to be running the begi..so would you recommend the riva RRFPR?

Banned User
    +1
    IMO riva stuff is good and has been proven. the rrfpr will only allow you to tune for WOT. if you need more tuneability you can always add on a begi or RUDE fuel controler

+1
    Cool, so does anyone know the difference between the ECU's?

Pros and cons...?

+1

Retainer choice

Ok, So I have decided to just upgrade my retainers....So now my questions is which ones should I get? The Les Cooke Ones or the Riva?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information