Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yamaha FZR vs Sea-doo RXp

Im new to the forum, im sorry if this is a repost but I didnt know if anything changed for 2010. Anyways im looking at these two models. They will be 2010. Im looking for speed and a comfortable ride on the lake and sometimes ocean. Mainly speed. Both of these machines look outstanding. So I need some advice from yall experience riders. Im in the Atv utility world rite now and figured its time to have some fun on the lake. I will be riding stock for awhile then later down the road start upgrading. I dont know much about jet skis anymore I used to own a tigershark back in the 90s but thats it. And is the Rxp even the fastest of Sea Doo? Im trying to compare the fastest from both companys. I posted in sea-doo just to get an idea. Thanks for the help yall!

+1
    RXP-X is the fastest Sea-Doo. I would test ride both. That will be the determining factor. Everyone can give you pro's and cons. You can't go wrong with either. My advice is to not buy during the peak of the season. You will not get the best deals. Buy during December when it is cold and raining outside. Go to your local dealer and make them stand in the rain and talk PWC's.

Sea-Doo might be comin out with a whole new engine and hull in August, which be available next season. If they do, prices on the current models will drop. If you need one now, go ride both. You can mod the crap out of both of them.

+1
    They are both good skis, I prefer the FZR since almost all my riding is done in the ocean. The RXP is more of a lake ski and will come unhook a lot in the ocean.

The FZR has taken over in the upgrade category and there are parts coming out for them every week.

+1
    i am kinda in the same situation . . but i have a SHO for the ocean. . .so i am thinking about getting an X for the Rivers when we ride . . gf took over the SHO . . but i will be watiing till oct. or later to make the purchase !!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ConradGrizz 660 View Post
    Im new to the forum, im sorry if this is a repost but I didnt know if anything changed for 2010. Anyways im looking at these two models. They will be 2010. Im looking for speed and a comfortable ride on the lake and sometimes ocean. Mainly speed. Both of these machines look outstanding. So I need some advice from yall experience riders. Im in the Atv utility world rite now and figured its time to have some fun on the lake. I will be riding stock for awhile then later down the road start upgrading. I dont know much about jet skis anymore I used to own a tigershark back in the 90s but thats it. And is the Rxp even the fastest of Sea Doo? Im trying to compare the fastest from both companys. I posted in sea-doo just to get an idea. Thanks for the help yall!

If you want the fastest ski out wait until late august.

edit:fastest ski after getting past the 70mph speed cap bs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    If you want the fastest ski out wait until late august.

edit:fastest ski after getting past the 70mph speed cap bs
    OH!!!! and what might be coming in august?

Always nice to posts this in both the Yamaha and Seadoo sides to stir things up. Again.........

In the end all you can do is ride both and make your own decision. The rest is either level headed opinion or koolaid BS no matter what brand. Way tooo much of the later IMO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    OH!!!! and what might be coming in august?

wish i could say

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 556SBR View Post
    ...The RXP is more of a lake ski and will come unhook a lot in the ocean...
    I live on a lake and wish one of those would pull-up beside me.

New for 2011

The new updated FZR/FZS and SHO platforms will be upgraded with a higher output supercharger wheel and larger intercooler. Upgraded supercharger clutch system with factory installed BOV. And an all new YAMAHA 8 or 10 vein HO PUMP.

Of course the skis will be limited to under 70 with an on board gps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information