RXT iS Finally Here...

Finally got it today, just in time for the 3 day Memorial Day weekend. Too bad its going to be raining all day every day for the next 3-10 days so I may not even get it in the water next weekend...if a nice day pops up though, I'll take off work to test it out. I'm curious to see if the top speed matches up to other posters...

Plus's so far:

Looks great, love the grips, seat and handlebar width. Glove box is big too. I couldn't find any way for water to get into the hull unless it tips upside down (which will never happen) or the rear bording platform leaks (which a few posters has said happens).

Minus's so far:

Very very difficult to mod. have to practically remove the top deck to get to the motor. Putting on simple mods like a blow off valve, bilge pump, or strainger for the exhaust/intercooler requires a whole lot of work.

Pix:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03255.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	190644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03258.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	190645   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03260.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	190646  

Quote Originally Posted by RayinJapan View Post
    Finally got it today, just in time for the 3 day Memorial Day weekend. Too bad its going to be raining all day every day for the next 3-10 days so I may not even get it in the water next weekend...if a nice day pops up though, I'll take off work to test it out. I'm curious to see if the top speed matches up to other posters...

Plus's so far:

Looks great, love the grips, seat and handlebar width. Glove box is big too. I couldn't find any way for water to get into the hull unless it tips upside down (which will never happen) or the rear bording platform leaks (which a few posters has said happens).

Minus's so far:

Very very difficult to mod. have to practically remove the top deck to get to the motor. Putting on simple mods like a blow off valve, bilge pump, or strainger for the exhaust/intercooler requires a whole lot of work.

Pix:
    It looks nice. I really like the colors. I had a tough time deciding between the iS 260 and the RXT X. In the end I went with the X. Did you consider other Sea Doo models? What made you decide on the iS?

I pick mine up next weekend - we had our long weekend already last weekend (Canada) and we will have rain all weekend this week, so my first ride will be next weekend. I'd ride in the rain if it was warm enough though

+1
    Ray, congrats on your new Doo, looks beautiful!
    Hey aren't you the guy who had the Yamaha that had water stuck inside the hull from the shipper or something, what ever happened with that...

Even though it's going to rain go riding for the break in. You can take it easy so the ski breaks in well and the rain drops don't feel like bird shot in the face. Then when the weather's good you can rip with no worries.

Thanks Gents,

Grover - I didn't really consider the RXT-X because the suspension is what drew me to the iS. No doubt the -x is the ski for modding/racing but those days are behind me since they don't race here in Okinawa anymore. The suspension will make it more comfortable for me, the wife and daughter to ride in the normally not so flat ocean around here. I still have the SS GPR so I can still get out there and tear up the bouys when they're out.

YoYamma - Aomori (Mike) is the one with the SHO that had the water in it...his ski is doing great, just gotta get the prop pitch right. Unless I put the race gas parts back on the SS GPR, he has the fastest ski in Okinawa. Race gas is running at $40 a gallon over here so he'll be the king for a long while...

Crueldude - no "easy" break-in here, 6-7 bursts to 3/4 throttle, 6-7 bursts to WOT and then it's good to go. Riding in this rain - uh...no. It's monsoon season now and our rain makes the Tennessee flood rain look like a drizzle. Anything over idle will sting the face and I'm not putting on a helmet/goggles just to break it in. We can ride here all year so I'll be patient and go out the first day the rain stops...which might not be for another two weeks. But then it will be pure sunshine until December, except for when the typhoons aka hurricanes swing by...then its wave jumping time...

Have a good Memorial day weekend everyone. Please remember why we have this holiday

Ray
    USAF 1979-2005
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thanks.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	190739  

Thread Information