Thread: OPAS block offs

OPAS block offs

I was reading in the Members wanting to modify your ski section and it mentions about several options for the RXT (I have an 06 RXT) One keeps the paddles up. I have a couple questions so I get the best kit for what I want to achieve.
    When do the paddles go up and down?
    I have seen block off kits cheap under 100, but they seem to just block the holes. Are there advantages to the kits that look like they have pieces that continue the hull to the back?
    I am looking for top speed but I dont want it to handle like a tug boat either.
    Can you easily take them back off and install the OPAS?
    Does anyone have a kit for sale used or inexpensive? I do like how the board always seems to help out another rider.

Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    I was reading in the Members wanting to modify your ski section and it mentions about several options for the RXT (I have an 06 RXT) One keeps the paddles up. I have a couple questions so I get the best kit for what I want to achieve.
    When do the paddles go up and down?
    I have seen block off kits cheap under 100, but they seem to just block the holes. Are there advantages to the kits that look like they have pieces that continue the hull to the back?
    I am looking for top speed but I dont want it to handle like a tug boat either.
    Can you easily take them back off and install the OPAS?
    Does anyone have a kit for sale used or inexpensive? I do like how the board always seems to help out another rider.

To the best of my knowledge, the OPAS block offs will not increase your top speed, but prevent the ski from porpoising as you increase your top speed. They are a handling mod not a performance mod, and something usually required to for those wanting a thru-hull exhaust. I have the RE block offs and personally I like the way they handle. The ski seems to cut in a little better when cornering hard. You will loose a little (very minimal in my opinion) maneuverability at idle speeds, but I don't have issue trailering or getting around a marina or dock with the OPAS gone. If you decide you don't like them, they can fairly easily be removed depending on what compound you decide to use to seal everything up. I don't think you would want to go back after changing them though. As far as how the OPAS works in relation to what speed the paddles moved, I have no clue. Hope that helps a little. Hopefully another forum member will chime in with some more advice.

Thanks JD Do you have just the block off plates or the ones that seem to extend the hull. I am wondering if it is worth the difference in price for me

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    Thanks JD Do you have just the block off plates or the ones that seem to extend the hull. I am wondering if it is worth the difference in price for me

Hey Ron,

I will forget about the Opas BO's and save $$$ to purchase the RE's or Riva's. I like the RE's thats on my ski now..................... You didn't believe in the list. You need to think in the list and upgrade Sc.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    you can watch the classifieds for the most part the re or rivas go on and stay on ..but sometimes people part out skis and sell them used..but helps big in the handeling department when you start going fast..you need them..stock not so much..

Thread Information